SASS Wire Forum

WTB 1860 Richards transition Type II in 44 Colt 5.5"

Steady Habit

Understand this is a long shot, but I handled a friend's copy of this gun...and you know the rest.  Looking for the 44 Colt , but may consider a .45, in 5.5" barrel only.  Thanks,

SH

I don’t have anything for sale at the moment but thought I’d share a couple type I Richards in .44 Colt. These are probably my favorite handguns. Feel great in the hand and I really love the caliber. I sure do hope you find what you’re looking for. You will love it!

AAC0F132-C628-4283-8239-AE6242D28249.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 8:22 AM, Steady Habit said:

Understand this is a long shot, but I handled a friend's copy of this gun...and you know the rest.  Looking for the 44 Colt , but may consider a .45, in 5.5" barrel only.  Thanks,

SH

If you open up your search to .44 special version you can shoot .44 colt(non heeled bullets) and .44 russian out of it as well. 

31 minutes ago, HamptonBogs45 said:

If you open up your search to .44 special version you can shoot .44 colt(non heeled bullets) and .44 russian out of it as well. 

Actually, there is only one .44 caliber for the Type II and that is 44 Spcl.  The model is CA9064 (I have one).  There are none that are marked 44 Colt or Russian, though of course those can be fired in it.

23 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Actually, there is only one .44 caliber for the Type II and that is 44 Spcl.  The model is CA9064 (I have one).  There are none that are marked 44 Colt or Russian, though of course those can be fired in it.

You’re right, the one I’m thinking of in 44 colt was the type 1 armi san marco made for cimarron years ago. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived