SASS Wire Forum

Global Warming

56 minutes ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

Thanks for the post. This is off topic but I just noticed you're from central CA. I was at Beale AFB north of Sac for a while and I also worked down at Palmdale, two great areas for motorcycle riding and enjoying some beautiful nature. 

Yes, I am in Clovis. just Northeast of Fresno.  California does have great natural features that make it a fun place to live.  I can put up with high taxes, extreme energy prices, extremist politics, tight regulatory garbage and abjectly stupid elected officials all  in exchange for being able to get to the Central Coast in 2 hours, the Sierras in 1/2, the high desert in 3 and the Bridgeport-Mammoth East Sierra Region in 4-1/2.  I can be fishing for big trout in any of five big rivers within 2 hours, or for trophy size bass or striped bass at any of 11 major reservoirs in 4 hours or less,  or for  big tuna out of San Diego in 6.  

I've been here all of my life (72 yrs), and I don't think I could leave this recreational diversity or lifestyle very easily.  But in those years I have seen great change, and little of it seems for the better.   

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

Thanks for the post. This is off topic but I just noticed you're from central CA. I was at Beale AFB north of Sac for a while and I also worked down at Palmdale, two great areas for motorcycle riding and enjoying some beautiful nature. 

8 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Yes, I am in Clovis. just Northeast of Fresno.  California does have great natural features that make it a fun place to live.  I can put up with high taxes, extreme energy prices, extremist politics, tight regulatory garbage and abjectly stupid elected officials all  in exchange for being able to get to the Central Coast in 2 hours, the Sierras in 1/2, the high desert in 3 and the Bridgeport-Mammoth East Sierra Region in 4-1/2.  I can be fishing for big trout in any of five big rivers within 2 hours, or for trophy size bass or striped bass at any of 11 major reservoirs in 4 hours or less,  or for  big tuna out of San Diego in 6.  

I've been here all of my life (72 yrs), and I don't think I could leave this recreational diversity or lifestyle very easily.  But in those years I have seen great change, and little of it seems for the better.   

It's very nice to meet you! 

Archived