SASS Wire Forum

Coyote Cap

Mogollon Drifter, #13690L

This was some sad news of Cap's passing may he RIP & Cap will be missed but not forgotten.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sassy and I are so sorry for your loss.

We saw and chatted with Cap at Yuma and now am incredibly happy that we did .  Not only is he a legend but an unbelievably generous man with his time and efforts on behalf of all cowboy pards.  He will be missed. RIP, Cap.

Windy City Red and Sassy Dancer

I am so sorry to hear of his passing, Lobo Joe & I had some really great fun times with him & introduced him to some different lifestyles. I am sure they will meet up again. My deepest sympathies & condolences to your family.

Miss Hattie Wild

So Sorry for your loss. Cap was a great guy he helped me out a few times on parts for 97's and 87's. RIP Cap

One of the first CAS related names I ever heard of was Coyote Cap, even before I new what SASS was.  He was a legend, I'm sorry I never got to meet him.  My prayers and condolences for your family. 

I'm so sorry for your loss .

My heart and Prayers go out to your family and friends.

RIP Cap 

My deepest condolences on your loss.  Lost my Dad in 2018, still miss him dearly.

I met Cap at several of the SASS conventions "Back in the Day" where he was teaching classes.  His wealth of knowledge was impressive to say the least and he was instrumental in getting several guns made for SASS completions.   I was one of the early folks who ordered some of his '87s and waited with great anticipation until they finally arrived.  Still love that gun.  Think I will dust it off and take it to the next match in memory of Cap.

Ride easy Cap...

My most sincere  condolences

Coyote Cap was a gentleman and an inspiration to many of us old timers of SASS/CAS

Archived