SASS Wire Forum

Coyote Cap

Mogollon Drifter, #13690L

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mere words can never adequately express the pain of loss, or to express how we feel. All of us have lost a lot of folks, in the last few years. Everyone makes a difference in this life. A select few make a positive difference, and your Dad was one. 

My own Dad passed away in 2014, and he too was my best friend. So very few others care about us, in this life, and when we lose someone that does, it makes it even more devastating. 

All I can say about both our Dad's is, that they have achieved the goal that all Believers desire...that is to be with the Lord. They don't want to come back, indeed, they are waiting on us to join them. 

Until we see the Lord, and them, again...we have to come to grips with the loss, and just say that we are closer to seeing them again, today, than we were yesterday...and that we will be closer tomorrow, than we are today. 

I can't say I know how you exactly feel, but I can say I have been through the loss of my own Dad, and I can relate to what you are going through.

Prayers up for you, and your family.

Deepest Condolences to you and family.

Always kind and friendly. A master at his craft. His passing is a loss to all who knew him. His legacy of innovation will continue to benefit many who never got the chance to meet him. 
RIP Cap

Respectfully

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Started cowboy shooting in 2012. trying to figure things out and saw Caps ad about guns and gunsmithing. he was from the same state as myself so I made a trip down to Morristown to see him. We first went to Ahlmans and he convinced me to Buy the new Miroku winchester that had been released. Then he took me out for lunch and ended up back at his shop where he overwhelmed me with his knowledge. I ended up going home with a dillon 650 reloader and powder and bullets. He was a great man and I truly will miss his uniqueness. I am very sorry for his passing.

Many years ago I remember Cap staying up most of the night repairing guns in an old pop-up camper converted to a mobile workshop. Cap was dedicated to his profession. He donated guns at many shoots. We always enjoyed spending time with him and he will be missed.

11 hours ago, Mogollon Drifter, #13690L said:

It is with an absolute shattered heart that I announce the passing of my best friend, shooting pard, and Dad...Coyote Cap. I am devastated beyond words. He was a true inspiration to not only me personally, but countless other cowboys/cowgirls. 

My world will never be the same.

Ride easy Cap...I'll see you on the other side

Hello friend. Shanley was trying to cantact you this morning.

We pray for you and wish you peace.

Your dad leaves us so many great memmories. He left us a great legacy...YOU!

Please know you are in our thoughts, our prayers and hearts.

Man, this news hits like a ton of bricks.

Cap was one of my best friends in CAS. Nearly every shoot I went to, he was on my posse. And when we weren’t at the range, we were at his house, shooting at shotgun shells while on his deck. He taught me ways to be smooth and efficient while shooting. He taught me how to work on my own guns and how to reload my own cartridges. He taught me how to dish out the insults as well as to take them (all in good fun). He helped me out more than I could ever really say. He never expected anything in return, and that to me is the mark of a true cowboy.

Ride easy, Cap. You have earned it.

Drifter, you have my condolences and you know how to reach me!

4C4FD24A-7E31-4413-8F89-8F29F9AE6094.jpeg

l had a nice conversation with Cap down at Yuma just a couple weeks ago so this comes as quite a shock, Cap is really going to be missed truly a nice guy.

My condolences to his family and many friends.

Willy B'

Sorry for your loss  Drifter. I first shot with him  at EOT in 2011 and have been shooting with him from border to border since. RIP Caps.

Very sorry to hear this. Never had the pleasure to meet or shoot with him but did talk to him on the phone when I sent an 87 to him. True gentlemen and was very helpful in answering a greenhorn cowboy's questions.

SASS lost one of the biggest supporters ever and I was lucky enough to have him consider me a good friend. He had donated hundreds of guns to clubs all across the country for fund raisers and I don't think I ever got to see him eat a lunch at a match as he was always fixing someones gun so they could continue the match and not charging them for it. He and BB would show up at the most unexpected places. His getting shot up at one of our clubs "1880 Steam Train Robbery" should have won him an Oscar. I'll have great memories of our times together. R.I.P. Cap

IMG_1209.JPG

My wife and I are deeply saddened to hear this. We had the pleasure of shooting with Cap more than once. He was always a gentleman and very helpful if we had a question or a problem than required a little gunsmithing. Plus, he was a supporter of our club's Charity Shoot for St. Jude Childrens Hospital, donating a shotgun every year. A great ambassador for the game. He will be missed.

13 hours ago, Mogollon Drifter, #13690L said:

It is with an absolute shattered heart that I announce the passing of my best friend, shooting pard, and Dad...Coyote Cap. I am devastated beyond words. He was a true inspiration to not only me personally, but countless other cowboys/cowgirls. 

My world will never be the same.

Ride easy Cap...I'll see you on the other side

My condolences to you, your family and the countless pards that your Dad has influenced, helped and assisted throughout the years of his participation in CAS and SASS. 

Your Dad's legacy will truly stand for centuries to come. 

I am saddened for your loss.  Cap is a friend to so many.  I will miss him and he will be in my prayers as well as your family.  

We were so sorry to hear this news, Drifter. Cap was very supportive, occasionally giving me tips and encouraging words. He would also give me a big smile and a thumbs up when I come off the line from a good run. I will certainly miss him and miss seeing him with BB Gun.

You are in our prayers, Drifter.

… Shamrock Sadie & Knot Hardly Dunn

Archived