SASS Wire Forum

Coyote Cap

Mogollon Drifter, #13690L

It is with an absolute shattered heart that I announce the passing of my best friend, shooting pard, and Dad...Coyote Cap. I am devastated beyond words. He was a true inspiration to not only me personally, but countless other cowboys/cowgirls. 

My world will never be the same.

Ride easy Cap...I'll see you on the other side

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you are going through, praying for you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear this, for you, his family, and the rest of us.  He was a great guy, and he will be sorely missed...

Sincere best wishes,

Frederick Jackson Turner

Drifter,

I am sorry to hear of your dad's passing. You and your dad are two of my oldest friends in this sport.

May he rest in peace.

If you need anything, feel free to contact me, my number is the same.

Maddog McCoy

Drifter…to you and your family. My heartfelt deepest condolences. He was Cap….and I am proud and honored that I am able to call him my friend. If you need anything….let me know. 
Your friend

OMG

Our thought and prayers are with you from downunder Drifter, a sad day indeed.:(

Jack N Kat

I am very sorry for you loss. He shot on my posse at BorderTown a time or two. Great cowboy, great to posse with. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

So sorry to hear this news Drifter.  I have known and shot with Cap for so many years. 

May God comfort you,  all the family, and the many friends.

Sassy had been reporting to me about Cap as she would read posts.  Condolence from us both my friend.

Billy and Sassy 

7 hours ago, Mogollon Drifter, #13690L said:

It is with an absolute shattered heart that I announce the passing of my best friend, shooting pard, and Dad...Coyote Cap. I am devastated beyond words. He was a true inspiration to not only me personally, but countless other cowboys/cowgirls. 

My world will never be the same.

Ride easy Cap...I'll see you on the other side

So sorry for your loss, prayers for you and the family. RIP Coyote :(

Had the opportunity to meet and talk to him at Land Run several years ago. A fine gentleman. Prayers and condolences to you and your family.

Condolences to you and family. I spoke with him at the last Bordertown and told him I had one of his '87s. We talked a bit about that project and it was so enjoyable.

Many prayers and deepest condolences to your family. Coyote Cap will be missed by many. He was a gentleman, a mentor and a great cowboy.

Drifter!  I’m truly devastated by this news! Hatfield has continually updated me on Cap’s condition in the last few days and we were praying for his recovery.

Your family has been very kind to us over the years and to me in particular!! We traveled together, shared meals, possed together, partied, vended, and shared the fun of SASS/CAS!

You dad was a top cowboy and a friend to me. I will personally miss him and we should ALL remember his contributions to the game.

Please accept my family’s sincerest condolences and know that we care.

Blackwater, Hatfield, and Schoolmarm…

ps: If there’s anything I can do, the number hasn’t changed.

I, as many will miss the chance to talk with him.  Great respect for the man.      GW

Archived