SASS Wire Forum

Name that cowboy

3 hours ago, Horace Patootie, SASS #35798 said:

Who can name this CAS shooter from a ways back?  Just going through some old pictures.

Horace

20220205_135214.jpg

His alias is showing on his shotgun stock.

1 hour ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

That's the layup. Who's the fellow in the bowler looking on?

Well looks like they're at Winter Range, I can't see the other guy too well, He's too handsome to be Goody!!!

Looks a little like T-Bone.... But I dont remember the Bowler & the Stogie......... Dont Know !!!!

But Where the Heck has Goody been for 6 months ??????????????

5 hours ago, Horace Patootie, SASS #35798 said:

Who can name this CAS shooter from a ways back?  Just going through some old pictures.

Horace

20220205_135214.jpg

What was the name of his horse?

Just now, Horace Patootie, SASS #35798 said:

But on Nueces left, is that Texas Banker or ? And on his right, Doc ______?

No, neither is correct.

3 hours ago, Silver Sam, SASS #34718L said:

Well looks like they're at Winter Range, I can't see the other guy too well, He's too handsome to be Goody!!!

Looks a little like T-Bone.... But I dont remember the Bowler & the Stogie......... Dont Know !!!!

But Where the Heck has Goody been for 6 months ??????????????

About the 1st of July 2021 I began to not feel well, attributing that to the immunotherapy that I had begun in March. I was slowly losing strength, culminating in taking a fall at home on July 21st. I was unable to get back to my feet and my niece couldn't lift me. She called 911 and the Farmers Branch EMT's came to my house and got me to a chair. My vitals were way out of whack and they suggested a ride to the hospital. After arriving at Medical City Dallas and being admitted a whole battery of tests were run. It was found that I had an infection in a deep cut on my great toe on my right foot. There was also an infection in the multi-port installed for chemo. These had both in turn set up an infection in my blood. This caused my kidney to shut down and my liver in turn to be working over time trying to clean my blood. I slowly swole up like a tick because I was retaining fluids. The solution was to amputate the toe, remove the infected port, install another port to start dialysis. After several weeks my kidneys began to function correctly, followed
By my livers return to normal duty. Somewhere along the way I was moved to another facility, Kindred. After a while there I was moved to a rehab to heal for a while. I hate to sound vague but I was kept very doped up at the first two places and have limited conscience memories of my time spent. I do know that while at Kindred my breathing was not good and I was forced to wear a CPAP mask for a time. I also at some point went into what they called a "Blue Alert", apparently not a good place. I came home last Thursday (Jan 6) and will still be fairly immobile for a bit until I regain more strength and lung capacity. I guess the only positive aspect is that I lost 65 pounds from this experience, unfortunately most of it muscle mass. Thank you to my sister in law and my niece and nephew who came to see me in the hospital and bring me things. Special thanks to my nephew Travis for the mods to the house to help me while I regain mobility.

2 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

WOW glad your back home. Hope your strength returns and you get to feeling better.

+1!  

Goody, Thank the Lord that you're still with us !!!!! And lost 65 lbs too.... The Hard Way!

I think there's still 2 that haven't been Identified....

The "Bowler" ???

But I THINK the half figure on the far right next to Curly Kay,  Nueces Outlaw and Shalako Joe.... Might be "The Judge"   Our beloved SASS #1

I betcha that pic was snapped at the SW Regional at Buck Creek....... That was 2005 wasn't it ?

5 hours ago, Horace Patootie, SASS #35798 said:

I think that the Shalako Joe pic is from Ben Avery, if I remember correctly.

Horace

It looks like that to me also with the metal cover overhead and the concrete shooting benches.  All the rest look like Buck Creek.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 9:39 PM, Goody, SASS #26190 said:
About the 1st of July 2021 I began to not feel well, attributing that to the immunotherapy that I had begun in March. I was slowly losing strength, culminating in taking a fall at home on July 21st. I was unable to get back to my feet and my niece couldn't lift me. She called 911 and the Farmers Branch EMT's came to my house and got me to a chair. My vitals were way out of whack and they suggested a ride to the hospital. After arriving at Medical City Dallas and being admitted a whole battery of tests were run. It was found that I had an infection in a deep cut on my great toe on my right foot. There was also an infection in the multi-port installed for chemo. These had both in turn set up an infection in my blood. This caused my kidney to shut down and my liver in turn to be working over time trying to clean my blood. I slowly swole up like a tick because I was retaining fluids. The solution was to amputate the toe, remove the infected port, install another port to start dialysis. After several weeks my kidneys began to function correctly, followed
By my livers return to normal duty. Somewhere along the way I was moved to another facility, Kindred. After a while there I was moved to a rehab to heal for a while. I hate to sound vague but I was kept very doped up at the first two places and have limited conscience memories of my time spent. I do know that while at Kindred my breathing was not good and I was forced to wear a CPAP mask for a time. I also at some point went into what they called a "Blue Alert", apparently not a good place. I came home last Thursday (Jan 6) and will still be fairly immobile for a bit until I regain more strength and lung capacity. I guess the only positive aspect is that I lost 65 pounds from this experience, unfortunately most of it muscle mass. Thank you to my sister in law and my niece and nephew who came to see me in the hospital and bring me things. Special thanks to my nephew Travis for the mods to the house to help me while I regain mobility.

Glad you're doing better. God speed.

On 2/5/2022 at 9:39 PM, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

On 2/5/2022 at 2:05 PM, Horace Patootie, SASS #35798 said:

Horace

20220205_135214.jpg

Archived