SASS Wire Forum

Reacher, on Prime

J-BAR #18287

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Just finished watching Reacher.  Good series.  I'm just wondering why they filmed it in Ontario Canada when Georgia has such a large film industry here.  I hope they make a Season 2.

The amount of shows now made in Canada is pretty amazing. I’m surprised that Yellowstone is not.

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Just finished watching Reacher.  Good series.  I'm just wondering why they filmed it in Ontario Canada when Georgia has such a large film industry here.  I hope they make a Season 2.

You must not read the papers.  It is because of laws Georgia has passed that the Hollywood "elite" doesn't like.

Had to come back and modify this a bit.  No one reads newspapers anymore.  You must not have been watching the news.

4 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

You must not read the papers.  It is because of laws Georgia has passed that the Hollywood "elite" doesn't like.

Had to come back and modify this a bit.  No one reads newspapers anymore.  You must not have been watching the news.

It’s all about the bottom line.

On 2/4/2022 at 9:16 PM, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Spoiler alert!

Saw a possible blooper on a preview. They were discussing a shooting and recovered a 9mm 115 grain slug.

"obviously a subsonic round" an actor said.

Aren't the subsonics running around 147 grains and more?

I had to pause it and Mansplain to my better half this very obvious error. They actually said they recovered a 95gr slug, Ha.

19 minutes ago, Ranger Dan said:

I had to pause it and Mansplain to my better half this very obvious error. They actually said they recovered a 95gr slug, Ha.

My mistake. I have old ears. The original set. Might be time to upgrade!

OK, a .380 is 9mm and 95 grains is a common .380 bullet.  Plus, a .380 is more likely to be surpressed and is much quieter than a full size 9mm.  There explained, now can we get back to Roscoe?

We've been limiting ourselves to one episode a day. We really enjoy the show. If you disagree, then may you burn in the 30th level of hell, with your eyes boiling out of your head, while watching continuous The View episodes... or not. :huh:

3 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

We've been limiting ourselves to one episode a day. We really enjoy the show. If you disagree, then may you burn in the 30th level of hell, with your eyes boiling out of your head, while watching continuous The View episodes... or not. :huh:

Also rationing it. Still a lot of winter left.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:07 PM, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Just watched it. Loved it!!! Can't wait for the next season.

Finally....a Reacher that matches the one in the book. Big, strong, tough, smart, experienced.  

Highly recommend it, if you love the books. 

I was very surprised that I was not contacted for this role

I have been a big fan of the books and yes while Tom Cruise wasn’t “Reacher” size, the dialogue was close to the books and for me made it watchable. My son has a subscription, so Sunday night my wife and I watched 6 episodes and finished the resining three last night. I was more than happy with the results both the characters and the dialogue as was my wife and will be looking forward to the next season. My son tells me the Jack Ryan series is also worth a look so that is next. 

I only read the first 4 or 5 of the books, but as I recall Reacher by his nature goes to a new place in every story, so recurring characters aren't really in it.  Whether that changed as the series continued I don't know.

I liked the books but to me they started going over the top, out of reality, and I kind of lost interest. One man kills 15 and gets winged in the shoulder in return, etc. That's not a knock on what has proved to be a hugely successful series; just me. 

I watched this Prime series and liked it; they did a good job. The guy playing Reacher fills the part physically, but he's not what I'd call a great actor. I always thought Jason Statham would have been great in the role back when the Cruise movies were made, instead of Tom.

Wife and I finished Reacher a week ago.  Really enjoyed it.  The thing about 9mm being subsonic?  As Reacher would say, "details matter".  I like the guy playing Reacher better than Cruise.  However, I do believe that it is Cruise's production company doing the series.  I think it is Skydance or Bad Robot.  I seem to recall seeing these production companies in Tom's movies.

I'm  waiting for the next installmet.

50 minutes ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

Wife and I finished Reacher a week ago.  Really enjoyed it.  The thing about 9mm being subsonic?  As Reacher would say, "details matter".  I like the guy playing Reacher better than Cruise.  However, I do believe that it is Cruise's production company doing the series.  I think it is Skydance or Bad Robot.  I seem to recall seeing these production companies in Tom's movies.

I'm  waiting for the next installmet.

It's Skydance, which has produced a number of Tom Cruise films, but does not appear to be owned by Tom Cruise:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skydance_Media

Bad Robot is is JJ Abram's production company

Archived