SASS Wire Forum

Reacher, on Prime

J-BAR #18287

I thought it started tomorrow! Thanks

Spoiler alert!

Saw a possible blooper on a preview. They were discussing a shooting and recovered a 9mm 115 grain slug.

"obviously a subsonic round" an actor said.

Aren't the subsonics running around 147 grains and more?

Tom is a pretty good, even athletic actor, but he is an average, smallish guy.  Reacher is, was not. Reminds me of the old Hollywood sets at Universal where the building fronts were scaled down, and the stone walls were rubber, just to make the actors look big & tough!  Don't do TV or most new movies, so take my comments in that context.

I'm one of those folks who didn't watch the TC movies because he was just too far off from the image of the books.

16 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

. She said something about wanting to see “buff boy”… :lol:

She wont be disappointed :blink:

My wife suggested a drinking game with a swig of wine every time Reacher appeared topless. We had to stop halfway thru the first episode or we were going to fall over:rolleyes:

First episode was good. Looking forward to the rest.

Wife and I watched the first 2 episodes, with a bottle of wine, last night. We thought it was very good. And, a much more accurate version of "just" Reacher, than the Cruise movies.

He’s still a bit too pretty. Reacher has never been described in the books as a good looking guy. Big and scary. But I enjoyed the first episode. Very well done.

16 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

My wife is big Jack Reacher fan from the books, but just couldn’t get past Cruise in that role. I know nothing of the character from books or film but will watch this one. She said something about wanting to see “buff boy”… :lol:

We don't need that kind of hate here. :blink:

I"m in the middle of a binge... stopped long enough to make another pot of coffee.
This version is a huge hit with me.
It follows the books very closely, and captures the Reacher vibe.

They actually said 95 grain , I remember cos never heard it .

i watched them all yesterday ,  should have read the books .

not a cruise fan at all ( cept for a few - no MI ) 

cruise is a better fighter( never in trouble ) playing the character.... the new big guy is in trouble a few times.

cruises reacher , and Denzel’s equalizers ( pt 1 ) characters are like the baddest dudes on the planet I feel .

highly unlikely, but their busting dudes up is possible - unlike Bourne ( like him even less than cruise ).

it is tv , but the opening of episode 1 is really unrealistic in the way things would happen ...

still a thumbs up , but could’ve had more realism 

Definitely a good series , too bad I got a long wait to see more .

again , Tom cruise playing reacher is one bad mfer 

I’m going to pace myself and alternate during the next 6 weeks of winter. 
 1 Reacher, 1 GOT, 1 Deadwood, 1 Band of Bothers, etc

Just finished watching season 1.  Thought it was very good and close to the book.  Looking forward to season 2.

21 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Just finished watching Reacher.  Good series.  I'm just wondering why they filmed it in Ontario Canada when Georgia has such a large film industry here.  I hope they make a Season 2.

Cost.  1 US Dollar = 1.27247 Canadian Dollar

https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=CAD&To=USD

G.O.M. the books are excellent reads.
The series moved a few things around, but only a very few.
I was quite pleased so see how closely it followed the book.

The book Reacher is even bigger, and not so pretty, and doesn't get beat up like he did in the movies.
IMO, this is one of the best book-to-movie series I have seen in a very long time.

Archived