SASS Wire Forum

Seriously??? A weather delay???

Cholla

I had a revolver repaired in Texas. It was shipped back via FedEx. Yesterday it was checked in at Ozona, TX, but on track to be delivered today by 7pm. It checked in at 6 am today in Phoenix. Now I got a notice that my shipment has been delayed because of the weather and won't be delivered until tomorrow! It's clear bluebird skies from Prescott to Phoenix and beyond! What a bunch of BS.

20 minutes ago, Cholla said:

I had a revolver repaired in Texas. It was shipped back via FedEx. Yesterday it was checked in at Ozona, TX, but on track to be delivered today by 7pm. It checked in at 6 am today in Phoenix. Now I got a notice that my shipment has been delayed because of the weather and won't be delivered until tomorrow! It's clear bluebird skies from Prescott to Phoenix and beyond! What a bunch of BS.

Nope, darlin...Tx border to Santa Rosa, NM was closed on I 40 day before yesterday...

Roads through to Abq were still iffy this morning.

I have Midway and Brownells, plus a BBB order ALL at least a day behind delivery estimate.

Hang in there!

47 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Icy roads in Texas starting yesterday

1 hour ago, Cholla said:

Maybe it didn’t really make it to Phoenix at 6am today. I got a notice on some primers the other day that they would be delayed but they showed up that afternoon. Who knows what’s going on.

1 hour ago, Cholla said:

My wife ordered a Gravenstine Apple tree from a nursery in Nebraska a month ago.  It shipped the day she ordered, via FedEx.  It still has not arrived here, and tracking shows only that a label was created at FedEx in Lincoln, NE.   The bare-root tree will be a crispy critter if it doesn't get here pretty soon.   I don't know what the Ex stands for in FedEx, but it surely is not "Expedite".   Their CEO needs to stop daily kissing up to Biden and start looking at what his company is not doing. 

29 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Maybe it didn’t really make it to Phoenix at 6am today. I got a notice on some primers the other day that they would be delayed but they showed up that afternoon. Who knows what’s going on.

Yeah, I get it. It's just frustrating that I thought it would be delivered during a work day. Now I have to sit around the house waiting on FedEx on a Saturday. I guess it's good a have a long chore list!!!

3 hours ago, Cholla said:

Yeah, I get it. It's just frustrating that I thought it would be delivered during a work day. Now I have to sit around the house waiting on FedEx on a Saturday. I guess it's good a have a long chore list!!!

Say hi to him from Custer and me!:D

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Shipping is complicated.

So it would seem. It's almost like the USPS is running FedEx!

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Shipping is complicated.

Agree it is, but somehow, with all the added new technology, FedEx has figured out how to transition from a formerly very reliable carrier to one that is now exceptionally mediocre--and that's being quite generous, IMO. 

2 years ago, I was in Colorado with my son recovering from knee surgery. I ordered a new Kindle. After a couple of days, there was absolutely nothing on tracking. We were driving from Vail to Eagle where he lives and came up to a UPS truck and he says there is your Kindle. Sure enough, it was delivered that evening.

I get something and pay for FED Ex delivery and when it gets close to my home they sluff it off to the USPS!! I had to wait for 4 days for them to FIND the package in my local post office! This whole delivery system sucks!

I got a UPS notice Wednesday that my package was scheduled for delivery Thursday. Wednesday evening is when the ice storm hit and tracking Thursday said delayed due to weather. Been icy here since Thursday but started to melt off Saturday but still icy spots. Notice today says package on truck for delivery today. Maybe it will arrive today.

6 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

It wouldn't seem a normal day in the Saloon if all the Grumpy ORF's wern't complaining about something or someone.

Including you complaining about Complainers! :P

Archived