SASS Wire Forum

Shooters World Clean Shot 5lb in Stock

Bingo Montana

Shooters World Clean Shot 5lb in Stock at Midsouth Shooters Supply.  Very versatile powder, good for both pistol and shotgun.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00130cleanshot5/shooters-world-clean-shot-smokeless-powder-5-lb-by-lovex

$119 per 5lb container, not including Hazmat, shipping, and taxes.  Limit appears to be two 5lb containers.

I ordered 10 lbs also last night.

I’m glad y’all got it. It’s great powder.  Let me know if I can be of assistance with loads. We have some data from cowboys who worked up loads for 12ga that mimic the AA 980s etc. 

Hugs!

Scarlett

3 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

I’m glad y’all got it. It’s great powder.  Let me know if I can be of assistance with loads. We have some data from cowboys who worked up loads for 12ga that mimic the AA 980s etc. 

Hugs!

Scarlett

You have any of this in stock?

@Cemetery I will have SOME limited quantities at EOT. Buy it where you can NOW.  Midsouth has a 10pound limit. 

hugs!

Scarlett

On 2/3/2022 at 8:24 AM, Bingo Montana said:

Shooters World Clean Shot 5lb in Stock at Midsouth Shooters Supply.  Very versatile powder, good for both pistol and shotgun.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00130cleanshot5/shooters-world-clean-shot-smokeless-powder-5-lb-by-lovex

$119 per 5lb container, not including Hazmat, shipping, and taxes.  Limit appears to be two 5lb containers.

Thanks for info.  Just ordered 2 5 pounders for store pickup Monday.

13 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I would be interested in your load data.  I picked some Clean Shot up a few months back and would like to have some real world cowboy load data to start with.

Totes

31 minutes ago, Totes Magoats said:

I would be interested in your load data.  I picked some Clean Shot up a few months back and would like to have some real world cowboy load data to start with.

Totes

Here is what I have for shotgun from a previous post on the SASSWIRE, I ended up using a #19 MEC bushing on my MEC Sizemaster press which averaged out over 10 drops to be ~15.5 grains.  I use that load with 7/8 oz of #8 shot,  Claybuster Grey wads, Win AA HS once fired hulls, and any primer I can get , no troubles with knockdowns and fliers.

CAS Recipes:

Shooter’s World Clean Shot Powder, AA Hull, 209 primer, Clays grey wad, WAA12L

7/8 oz. shot

13.5 grs averaged 850 fps

15 grs averaged 920 fps

16 grs averaged 975 fps

14.1 grs, 7/8 oz #8 shot, CB Gray wad

13 to 16 grs with 1 oz of #7.5 or #8 shot, Win WAA12SL wad, AA Hull, any 209 primer

~~~~~~~

See post HERE, the load data it came from Scarlett's website.  If she has new data maybe she will update the download. 

Good luck, Shooters World Clean Shot is a very versatile power.  I have been using it for shotgun for over a year and just switch over from TB for pistol/rifle.

I live less than an hour from there, but we got a fair amount of freezing rain last night.  I might have to check the roads this afternoon!

On 2/3/2022 at 9:50 PM, Scarlett said:

Hugs!

Scarlett

I have a recipe that works with this powder that also mimics the AA 980's . 13.2 grains pushing the grey clay buster wad load with 7/8th oz of shot but # 7 1/2 shot instead of #8 shot. You have actually witnessed these loads at Ambush last year.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:15 AM, Totes Magoats said:

Totes

On 2/4/2022 at 11:34 AM, Bingo Montana said:

Here is what I have for shotgun from a previous post on the SASSWIRE, I ended up using a #19 MEC bushing on my MEC Sizemaster press which averaged out over 10 drops to be ~15.5 grains.  I use that load with 7/8 oz of #8 shot,  Claybuster Grey wads, Win AA HS once fired hulls, and any primer I can get , no troubles with knockdowns and fliers.

CAS Recipes:

Shooter’s World Clean Shot Powder, AA Hull, 209 primer, Clays grey wad, WAA12L

7/8 oz. shot

13.5 grs averaged 850 fps

15 grs averaged 920 fps

16 grs averaged 975 fps

14.1 grs, 7/8 oz #8 shot, CB Gray wad

13 to 16 grs with 1 oz of #7.5 or #8 shot, Win WAA12SL wad, AA Hull, any 209 primer

~~~~~~~

See post HERE, the load data it came from Scarlett's website.  If she has new data maybe she will update the download. 

Good luck, Shooters World Clean Shot is a very versatile power.  I have been using it for shotgun for over a year and just switch over from TB for pistol/rifle.

Thanks! You beat me to it! There is no updated data from the real world cowboy data! Here is cowboy data link for cartridges and shotshell…

1d1757ovo_409827.pdf?ver=1641509781640

Hugs!

Scarlett

Archived