SASS Wire Forum

Dinner

Utah Bob #35998

Had some nicely seasoned chicken thighs in the crockpot since 10 am smelling the kitchen up deliciously.

I checked on them about 5:30 while getting the veggies ready. I noticed what I thought was a piece of skin but when I looked closer I saw that dinner was ruint.

It seems when I put the thighs in the little pad with the absorbent material under the meat in the package had fallen in…and split. :(

So I found some frozen crab cakes and cooked them. Not what I was craving. Now for a stiff drink! :angry:

I did a big pot of spaghetti and meatballs.

What's left gets frozen for the next time.

My daughter and I had lunch and got some Pho with a couple of different cuts of beef in it and noodles. The broth was delicious. I ordered some to go for my wife for later. I decided I'd time it to have it hot and ready when she got home. She told me she was coming straight home today.

The broth and meat were together in a container and the noodles were in a separate one. There were also sprouts that you add just before eating. I put the meat, broth and noodles together and got them ready. No wife. Finally my daughter calls and my wife was at her house with the grandkids. The noodles absorbed all of the broth and by the time my wife got home it was still ok but nothing like it was supposed to be.

2 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Doubt it would matter really, unless it affected the flavor. That stuff is food-safe. I've had a piece stick on the side of a steak, noticed when I flipped it over and tossed it; no harm done.

If it hadn’t split open and dumped the contents in the mix, I might have considered it.They pack meat in food safe styrofoam. But that doesn’t mean you can eat it. 

Wow.. all the above sounds so delicious.
I have to mosly walk away from all that wonderful stuff, and concentrate more on eating gluten-free ice cubes to keep cholesterol under control.
Next Wednesday, our lodge is serving 1" thick ribeyes... so I won't pass that one by.

5 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

well y'all convinced me to throw "Bambi" in the slow cooker , 

ortta be quite tasty , given the snow and ice 

CB :P

We never lucked out on Bambi!!!

Saw his momma EVERYWHERE, but he was few and far between...

The wife said "leftovers in the fridge" when I inquired about supper.  I cooked myself two all beef hot dogs, wrapped in thick cut bacon, and  some potatoes in the oven.  Sliced a half a cucumber up on the side, and a slice of French bread.  Served with three fingers of Henry McKenna on the rocks.  

3 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

My supper last night. Town I work for put me up in a hotel. 

IMG_20220202_173703964_HDR.jpg

That’s just cruel, that is.

My wife and are having prepackaged Indian food with Basmati rice. We get it at Costco. 
Tonight it’s Chicken Coconut Curry with Mango. It’s pretty tasty stuff. Make the rice and nuke the fully prepared Indian cuisine then spoon it over the rice. Very tasty. There are a few different selections to choose from. 
Very simple dinner to make. One package contains 2 pouches. Feeds 4 so there are leftovers. 
6E76BB63-3C93-48A2-865D-FF9FFBB22A44.thumb.jpeg.f0039766085d5bcf8d50b8df3272978f.jpeg

Schoolmarm took a package of Tyson breaded chicken tenders and spiced ‘em up, put ‘em under the broiler to crisp them really nice, and we made chicken sandwich tacos!!  She makes a chipotle mayo and we pop open a jar of pickled jalapeños and a bag of shredded mexi-cheese blend!

Whole wheat tortillas, a smear of cream cheese, and a dash of Tapatio and yer eatin’ Some More FINE!!

Tonight will be fine. Got me a petite filet mignon, twice baked tater and garlic bread. 

Leftover pork roast tonight, Caesar salad, green beans, a fine dinner tonight!

We love our instant pot! Roasts, ribs, chicken, soups, so versatile.

Archived