SASS Wire Forum

Whoopin' 2022-- Entry Form for Tejas Caballeros Annual Match in Blanco, Texas

Farr Ranger

Whoopin' 2022, the Tejas Caballeros' Annual Match, will be on May 20 to 22nd, instead of in October, because of a conflict with EOT. 

Whoopin' 2022 Entry Forms are attached. Whoopin 2022 Registration.pdfWhoopin 2022 Registration.pdf

You can register for Whoopin' 2022 with Practiscore. You can also pick your posse and pay online. Here is the link:

https://practiscore.com/whoopin-2021-2/register

Actually, the conflict in October is with Land Run (National Championship), not EOT.  Although it has been easy to get those mixed up lately with all the switching around. :)

I had to miss the last Whoopin' so I certainly hope to make this one.

• 4 weeks later...

Your Whoopin’ 2022 Registration includes a Long-Range Side-Match at the Cabs new long-range facility. On Friday morning, May 20th, from 9 to 12:45, you can shoot out to 450 yards at various targetsm including an 8-foot Buffalo and an 8-foot Bear.

Categories include:
1.    Precision sighted, big bore, buffalo rifle 
2.    Bolt action military battle rifle 
3.    Scope sighted, big bore, buffalo rifle 
4.    Working cowboy saddle rifle 
5.    SASS main match rifle 

If you are new to long range shooting, notice that you can shoot your SASS pistol cartridge rifle! For more information visit: https://tejascaballeros.net/index.php/cabs-long-range/

Side-Match Plaques will be awarded on Saturday night at the Jamboree BBQ Banquet (included with your registration) at the Blanco County Courthouse, where True Grit was filmed. 

Whoopee, Whoopin’

See you there! 
IMG_3426.thumb.jpeg.e8410d48d6965021859bd1021db09f75.jpegIMG_3563.thumb.jpeg.70e78acefda6572a911ec22ba4792860.jpegIMG_3571.thumb.jpeg.d755452f3afd55d840feb65c9084bb83.jpeg

I'm fairly new to the club and participated in Whoopin' for the first time last year.  Met a lot of great people.  Although, I've never shot The Long Range, a couple of members have been explaining the sport and the different types of rifles to me.  So I'm eager to compete with the gang again this year. 

Come to the next monthly Long Range match on Sunday, March 20. I'll loan you a high wall with MVA sights. You'll be winning in no time!

Here's a close up of the buffalo target at 450 yards from the firing line, with Bronco Birnbaum, who did a great job of creating the Cabs' long range.

IMG_2429.thumb.jpeg.7df1aa6afa9a0ec99ec0440339d91cf5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Harmony Belle said:

I'm fairly new to the club and participated in Whoopin' for the first time last year.  Met a lot of great people.  Although, I've never shot The Long Range, a couple of members have been explaining the sport and the different types of rifles to me.  So I'm eager to compete with the gang again this year. 

Come on out. Bring your pistol caliber main match rifle. 

• 4 weeks later...

Last year I was unable to make the Whoopin' for only the second time, so I'll be glad to get back to it!  My first Whoopin' Ass (as it was originally called) was the first one, in '99.  A torrential downpour started up, some folks shot two stages, some shot 3.  Then we broke for lunch under a big tent and gave away some prizes, then had a makeup whoopin' ass the next month and gave out the rest.  

DSC05833.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Be sure to enter the Whoopin Costume contest which will be held on Saturday night May 21, at the banquet.  The banquet is free to Whoopin Shooters and  $20 each for non shooters.  Anyone can enter the costume contest.  Judging will be for the Whoopin Best Couple, Whoopinest Cowboy, Whoopinest Cowgirl, a Whoopin Buckaroo and Buckarette, a Whoopin Saloon gal and new this year will be a Buffalo Hunter category.  Join the Tejas Caballeros in May and help Whoop them bad guys!!!  Who’s your Huckleberry?

0A75BF6C-0E5A-4307-A6C4-98F6338EB242.jpeg

Archived