SASS Wire Forum

NOTICE: Workout cancelled!

17 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It just dawned on me…I am going to need snow shovels next winter. :lol:

The year after we moved here we had the worst snowstorm in nearly a half century.  Made it over the Ace Hardware to buy a snow shovel and they didn't even know what I was talking about.  One dip wad tried to sell me a grain shovel said it would be perfect.  I invited him to come out and show me he could move a half a cubic yard of wet snow with that.

I drove way over the other side of Prescott to True Value and they were out, but the manager lives a few blocks from me and offered to bring one to me when they came in.  He called nine days later and I drove over in 65 degree weather.

It sits unused in my garage waiting for the next big snow storm to hit us.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

The year after we moved here we had the worst snowstorm in nearly a half century.  Made it over the Ace Hardware to buy a snow shovel and they didn't even know what I was talking about.  One dip wad tried to sell me a grain shovel said it would be perfect.  I invited him to come out and show me he could move a half a cubic yard of wet snow with that.

I drove way over the other side of Prescott to True Value and they were out, but the manager lives a few blocks from me and offered to bring one to me when they came in.  He called nine days later and I drove over in 65 degree weather.

It sits unused in my garage waiting for the next big snow storm to hit us.

Until you get rid of it then the snows will come in hard. :lol:

Today- 57 and overcast, went outside in shorts and t-shirt, It was kinda nice out.

Tomorrow at this time- 28 degrees with a layer of ice with snow covering it.

I think I will stay inside, just hope I don't lose power as I don't have a generator any more.

On 1/31/2022 at 7:02 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It just dawned on me…I am going to need snow shovels next winter. :lol:

Pat, depending on where you are going, forget the shovel. Get a 2 stage snow blower with ice cutting blades, 8-10hp with a electric start. Mine is in Chicago with my ex-wife. I should have sold it as she has needed numerous time but she can not figure out how to start it and use it. It has electric start and I showed her several times how to use  it. Sooner or later I will have to show my son as he is thinking he will live there after college. When it gets bad enough, she shovels or my sister's husband takes his over there. his is the same unit as mine but has an 8hp engine and mine is a 5hp. When i got mine, 5hp was as big as they made and he got the snowblower that buddy sold when he moved to Texas.

I’m the elderliest guy in the neighborhood. And my driveway is 700 ft long. :lol:

06F68E41-2528-4563-B9A5-0B30E453BCD5.jpeg

DE08D650-5D85-4006-9570-21840096F0DC.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

Today- 57 and overcast, went outside in shorts and t-shirt, It was kinda nice out.

Tomorrow at this time- 28 degrees with a layer over ice with snow covering it.

I think I will stay inside, just hope I don't lose power as I don't have a generator any more.

Pat, depending on where you are going, forget the shovel. Get a 2 stage snow blower with ice cutting blades, 8-10hp with a electric start. Mine is in Chicago with my ex-wife. I should have sold it as she has needed numerous time but she can not figure out how to start it and use it. It has electric start and I showed her several times how to use  it. Sooner or later I will have to show my son as he is thinking he will live there after college. When it gets bad enough, she shovels or my sister's husband takes his over there. his is the same unit as mine but has an 8hp engine and mine is a 5hp. When i got mine, 5hp was as big as they made and he got the snowblower that buddy sold when he moved to Texas.

Better yet…I have nephews and they have sons. Sons that will love earning money shoveling Uncle Tom’s driveway and walkways. ;)

Archived