SASS Wire Forum

Class Reunions

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I've been to 2...both were my husbands!!!

Don't care to go to mine!!;)

I've never been to mine. I didn't like them then, I sure as hell won't like them now.

Father Kit Cool Gun Garth :

Ya can't fool us, Ya ain't got no Class . :lol: ;) :P

Sides they didn't have school that far back past 9th. grade....

Jabez Cowboy

I had planned to go to my 50th but my mother’s surgery took priority.  My 60th will be this September.

Undecided.

Most of my high school memories are unpleasant.  Probably gonna do something else.

My HS as well - never went.  Went to one at college, which I enjoyed, think every fool came and just two or three folks who were friends.  Never again!  Another thought that runs through my mind, friend or foe, after a half a century do you really want to replace young folks in your memory with old ones later?  I sure don't!

I'm HS class of 1966, and have gone to all of the reunions. I emceed the 10th, 20th, and 25th. They've all been fun. Our 50th was especially great.

I had a good high school experience, and had friends in all 'circles'. This city and area keeps a lot of people around, because the Puget Sound area is both beautiful and remains economically strong down the decades, so folks don't scatter as much as some places, and I've seen many classmates around town during the decades.

Attitude is a lot of it; I like seeing old friends and acquaintances, myself. I figure we'll probably do a 60th. The reunion committee still has a lot of the same folks on it.

I've never been to one. This year would be 50th for me. To me, high school was something to be endured and gotten through so I could get on with the rest of my life. Those people didn't like me then, and I certainly don't have any use for any of them 50 years later. 

I had three friends in high school, and I still have two of them. I don't need the rest. 

This year is my 50th too. I missed my first 2 due to prior commitments with the USN. Made the next 2, one was an all-class from multiple years. Haven't heard about this year yet.

On 1/31/2022 at 7:26 PM, Cypress Sun said:

I've never been to mine. I didn't like them then, I sure as hell won't like them now.

Pretty much how I feel.  Besides, I may well be the only one left.  We didn't have a 60th reunion and I couldn't find anyone from my class anywhere.

About the time my 25th came around someone from my hometown asked me why I didn't go to the reunions.  I told him I didn't much care for most of the guys and all the girls I had been interested in went off and married someone else.

IMHO attending a H.S. reunion only makes sense if you had established some sort of comrade with many of your classmates.

Being a military brat, I attended too many schools to be able to call any particular one as home. 

It was only when we returned from my dad's tour in Japan and I sat in my Sr. Year homeroom with kids I had left when I was in elementary school with them many years later did I feel a kindship.

However, I had lost the experiences and friendship they got to establish those years I was gone. 

Therfore my H.S. reunions have never been attended. 

In 1979, we went to my #10, was a fish out of water, never went to another one.
My bride has never attended any of hers at all.

Interesting observation:  the hot chicks back then, are the sweat hogs and heifers of today.
And the plain Janes back then have blossomed into attractive and intelligent women.

52 minutes ago, bgavin said:

In 1979, we went to my #10, was a fish out of water, never went to another one.
My bride has never attended any of hers at all.

Interesting observation:  the hot chicks back then, are the sweat hogs and heifers of today.
And the plain Janes back then have blossomed into attractive and intelligent women.

Maybe you have your bi-focal on upside down.

I've been to a few over the years.  Next year will be my 50th and I have no plans on attending.  

I have decided that there are many of my classmates that I just don't want to be around again.  I came to this decision after reading many of their comments on Facebook.  

Take care, 

BS

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Maybe you have your bi-focal on upside down.

My Dad used to do that.
When I was a kid, he had a pit in the garage floor to work on his vehicles as drove-over.
Since he was always working over his head, he had a set of bifocals ground upside down just for that purpose.

My 40th sucked so bad I’ll not do my 50th. The 10th, 20th and 30th were enjoyable but over the decade leading up to the 40th most of the people that I hung around with in high school were either dead or didn’t attend and it was pretty boring sitting there watching people you didn’t know or never got along with trying to impress each other. The 50th is next year and they’ve already sent out feelers and I let them know not to save a place for me.

Went to Petey's when they were still having them....HIS was the crowd we hung with when we were young & all raising babies & such.

Went to my 25th (RHHS Class of 66) and enjoyed it more than I expected.

I am told by reconnected friends that I WILL attend the next one.  OK by me.

17 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I thought about going .... once.

....... they were all sooooo old ..... :mellow:

This shocked me into a bitter reality about getting OLD.  I have wondered what happened to Bridget Fonda.  I remember her as a cute little blond in several movies.  She has not been seen for 12 years.  This is why.  I loved Point of No Return which is the lower left photo.

Bridget-Fonda-now-feature-3.thumb.jpg.8bb66ac62929e6b1ff11dcedfb3b5cc7.jpg

12 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

This shocked me into a bitter reality about getting OLD.  I have wondered what happened to Bridget Fonda.  I remember her as a cute little blond in several movies.  She has not been seen for 12 years.  This is why.  I loved Point of No Return which is the lower left photo.

Bridget-Fonda-now-feature-3.thumb.jpg.8bb66ac62929e6b1ff11dcedfb3b5cc7.jpg

Man, you ruined my day. She was a cutie.

my 30th was great  I had lost 80pounds and was thinner than HS  I still had lots of gray hair 

seem the cheerleader all gained alot  and long hairs where mostly bald 

Went to my 50th in 19 Knew a few.Not sure ifI will go to anymore.

Largo

12 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

18?

Yes

Probably not the best time to be 18.

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

Man, you ruined my day. She was a cutie.

So was I. ;) Happens to all of us.

FBC798F8-ACF9-45B2-81C2-B624F1CE0D2A.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yes

Probably not the best time to be 18.

35 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Class of 66. Not interested.

No, I was wondering if you meant 1866?

7 hours ago, Barry Sloe said:

Next year will be my 50th and I have no plans on attending.  

I have decided that there are many of my classmates that I just don't want to be around again.  I came to this decision after reading many of their comments on Facebook.  

Take care, 

BS

I didn't want to be around them back then, and they didn't want to be around ME. I decided not to bother after HEARING what they said to me DURING high school.

I musta had a great HS class compared to most of you guys.....

As for getting old, well, we all are. I've got a lot of friends that are old that I've known from school days. Just had lunch last Friday with one I've known since Cub Scouts, and he's not the only one that goes back that far.

Archived