SASS Wire Forum

Ides of March - The 2022 S.A.S.S. Florida State Championship Information

The Outlaw Travis James

574497141_The-Ides-Of-March-2022--Action-Shooting-Network.png.50ad36848c3547df1b7cd3af25cb84d8.png

Ides of March - The 2022 S.A.S.S. Florida State Championship
The Lake County Pistoleros are excited to be hosting the Single Action Shooting Society (SASS) Florida State Championship for the 3rd consecutive year.  We have an exciting match planned for you with a theme of Silverado.  Eustis Gun Club will play host to us once again for four fun days of shooting.  Sides matches on Thursday, March 17th; Main Match is Friday, March 18th - Saturday, March 19th; and the Top Gun Shootoff on Sunday, March 20th.  

LINKS BELOW TO THE ASN EVENT AS WELL AS APPLICATIONS AND SCHEDULE.  WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN MARCH!

Schedule of Events
TUESDAY, MARCH 15

• 8:00 am – Range Setup starts – help is welcome
  • 8:30 am - 4:00 pm – Vendors may arrive and setup
  • 8:30 am - 4:00 pm – Campers may arrive and setup

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 16

• 8:00 am – Range Setup continues – help is welcome
  • 8:30 am - 4:00 pm – Vendors may arrive and setup
  • 8:30 am - 4:00 pm – Campers may arrive and setup

THURSDAY, MARCH 17

• 8:00 am – Range opens
  • 9:00 am - 4:00 pm - Registration – held in the main pavilion (Nowlon Hall)
  • 9:00 am - 4:00 pm – Vendors open
  • 9:30 am – Wild Bunch Side Match – must pre-register
  • 10:00 am - 3:30 pm - Speed Side Matches  - Speed Rifle, Speed Pistols, Speed Shotgun (held in pocket berms)
  • 10:00 am - 3:30 pm - Long Range Rifle (held on long-range rifle range)
  • 10:00 am - 1:30 pm - Man vs. Man Shootoff Side Match (open to all) challenge any of your friends willing to a shootoff 
  • 12:30 pm – RO 1 Class – must pre-register
  • 2:00 pm – Man vs. Man Side Match Elimination Tournament (open to all)  Must be present at 1:45 pm to set up brackets.  It will be done by drawing numbers and matching up consecutive numbers against each other, odds on the left and evens on the right.
  • 4:00 pm - Posse Marshall Walk Thru (meet in Range 2)

FRIDAY, MARCH 18

• 7:00 am – Range opens
  • 7:30 am - 8:30 am – Registration – held in the main pavilion (Nowlon Hall)
  • 8:00 am - 4:00 pm – Vendors open
  • 9:00 am – AM Flight - MANDATORY shooters meeting – held outside main pavilion (Nowlon Hall)
  • 9:30 am -12:30 pm – 5 stages – AM Flight
  • 12:00 pm – PM Flight – Mandatory shooters meeting – held outside the main pavilion (Nowlon Hall)
  • 12:30 pm -3:30 pm – 5 stages – PM Flight

SATURDAY, MARCH 19

• 7:00 am – Range opens
  • 8:00 am - 4:00 pm – Vendors Open
  • 8:30 am – AM Flight – 5 stages
  • 12:00 pm – PM Flight – 5 stages
  • 5:00 pm – Elks Lodge opens for drinks
  • 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm - Costume Contest Judging - Town Lady - Town Gent – Best Dressed Couple - Cowboy (Classic) - Cowgirl (Classic) - B Western Cowboy - B Western Cowgirl – Soiled Dove – Military - Young Man - Young Lady
  • 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm - Dinner
  • 7:00 pm – Awards Ceremony – Door prize/ raffles (must be present to win)

Elks Lodge - 2540 Dora Ave - Tavares, FL 32778-4976

SUNDAY, MARCH 20

• 7:30 am – Range opens
  • 8:00 am – Cowboy Church – held outside main pavilion (Nowlon Hall)
  • 8:00 am-12:00 pm - Vendors open
  • 9:00 am – Top Gun Shoot-Off – Juniors – Ladies – Top 32

For Any Additional Information Please Contact:
Match Director - Smart Asterisk
SmartAsterisk@outlook.com | 650-776-2854
Administration - Sunshine Rose
Julia.Clapp@hotmail.com | 650-619-6720

MATCH APPLICATION:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sassfl/posts/1973138919531218/
VENDOR APPLICATION:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sassfl/posts/1973140672864376/
SPONSOR APPLICATION:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sassfl/posts/1973140266197750

ASN Event:

https://actionshootingnetwork.com/event/269/the-ides-of-march-2022/

Hotel Information
Hampton Inn Leesburg
Address:  9630 US-441, Leesburg, FL 34788
Phone: 352-315-1053
Arrival: 3/16 Departure: 3/21 (can be 3/20)
Reservations must be made by 2/14/2022.
Must say for the Lake County Pistoleros.
Double Queen at $114/night plus taxes

Microtel Inn & Suites
9700 US-441, Leesburg, FL 34788
Phone: 352-315-1234
Arrival: 3/16 Departure: 3/20
Reservations must be made by 3/01/2022.
Must say for Lake County Pistoleros.
Single bed at $75
1 Queen bed at $85
2 Queen beds at $85

Comfort Inn & Suites
1380 E Burleigh Blvd, Tavares, FL 32778
Phone: 352-253-2378
Arrival: 3/16 Departure: 3/20
Reservations must be made by 01/01/2022.
Must say for Lake County Pistoleros.
1 King (no smoking)  $130.49 single or double with extra person $10.00
2 Queen beds (no smoking) $140.49 single or double with extra person $10.00.

IOM 2022 Application Fillable (1).pdf IOM 2022 Vendor.pdf IMO 2022 Sponsor.pdf

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Jack Spade said:

Someone please post the side match rules!  

Contact Smart Asterisk in regards to them.  I have never shot long range and have no idea what rules they go by.  His contact info is at the bottom of the post.  

We are signed up, with Lil as a Conventioneer, but depending on when her shoulder surgery happens, and how well it goes, we may not make it.  :o  While we were down in Dunedin between the Shootout and Darkness Falls/Dark Day, the Sawbones office called to tell her they were rescheduling her shoulder surgery.   It was supposed to be the 22nd of Feb and they moved it to the 8th of March! :angry:  Can't even begin to tell you how much stuff that screwed up!  She has an appointment on Thursday to "discuss" options, but we won't know for sure until just before the match.  She keeps telling me to go without her, but I won't leave her one handed and she won't be ready for travel a week after surgery.  Besides, she won't be allowed/able to drive and she will need to get to physical therapy among other issues.

Time will tell, and I am still hoping to make it, but getting Lil patched up is Job #1.  After that, Cowboy will be a lot more fun for her, when she is able to shoot again.  We are hoping she will be ready by MBPGA in August, but certainly for Land Run in October.

If you haven't signed up yet, you should!  It will be, without question, another great match!

1 hour ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

We are signed up, with Lil as a Conventioneer, but depending on when her shoulder surgery happens, and how well it goes, we may not make it.  :o  While we were down in Dunedin between the Shootout and Darkness Falls/Dark Day, the Sawbones office called to tell her they were rescheduling her shoulder surgery.   It was supposed to be the 22nd of Feb and they moved it to the 8th of March! :angry:  Can't even begin to tell you how much stuff that screwed up!  She has an appointment on Thursday to "discuss" options, but we won't know for sure until just before the match.  She keeps telling me to go without her, but I won't leave her one handed and she won't be ready for travel a week after surgery.  Besides, she won't be allowed/able to drive and she will need to get to physical therapy among other issues.

Time will tell, and I am still hoping to make it, but getting Lil patched up is Job #1.  After that, Cowboy will be a lot more fun for her, when she is able to shoot again.  We are hoping she will be ready by MBPGA in August, but certainly for Land Run in October.

If you haven't signed up yet, you should!  It will be, without question, another great match!

I hope you guys get everything straightened out.  

Max & Ophelia Payne will be there!!

2 hours ago, Waimea said:

First Big Match for me in almost 2 years.

Hope I can remember how it's done.:lol:

Pointy ends point Down Range, bumps on the end of the pointy ends are called sights (they are typically unused, unloved, and overrated), Click-Boom means keep going, Click-Silence means you are done.  Oh, the BEEP from the timer will cause you to forget all of the above. :rolleyes:

You've got this, I have faith!  (He says as he ducks for cover...:P)

Hope to see you there!

2 hours ago, Waimea said:

First Big Match for me in almost 2 years.

Hope I can remember how it's done.:lol:

DId you ever know how it is done?!?  I mean, you do shoot Outlaw... :D

3 hours ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

Can't wait

Maybe we both got all of our imperfections cleared out at Dark Days!?

3 hours ago, Max Payne said:

Maybe we both got all of our imperfections cleared out at Dark Days!?

Let's hope so!  Still about 6 weeks to go.  We should have enough time. 

7 hours ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

Every Outlaw starts as something else.:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Pointy ends point Down Range, bumps on the end of the pointy ends are called sights (they are typically unused, unloved, and overrated), Click-Boom means keep going, Click-Silence means you are done.  Oh, the BEEP from the timer will cause you to forget all of the above. :rolleyes:

You've got this, I have faith!  (He says as he ducks for cover...:P)

Hope to see you there!

I know Feather's shoulder is important but it's not like a heart transplant. Pump her full of drugs and you can prop her up at my trailer. :lol:

Ok, so I'm kidding, no really I am.:rolleyes:

I hope you can work it out somehow so she can have her op and you and she can come to Florida.

Stupid doctors and their schedules anyhow.

3 hours ago, Waimea said:

I know Feather's shoulder is important but it's not like a heart transplant. Pump her full of drugs and you can prop her up at my trailer. :lol:

Ok, so I'm kidding, no really I am.:rolleyes:

I hope you can work it out somehow so she can have her op and you and she can come to Florida.

Stupid doctors and their schedules anyhow.

She plans on giving the sawbones a talkin' too tomorrow morning.  She spent months planning this out, scheduling her patients around the time she would be out for recovery/rehab, and this really messed things up big time.  :angry:

If she can get it moved up a week, to Feb 15th, that would work, but it will be what it will be.  Hopefully, the sawbones will cut her some slack.  Can't be too harsh with him, he might install a knee joint in her shoulder, just for spite! :o

On 2/3/2022 at 4:49 AM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Badlands Bob will be there.  I've had a lot of work done on Brisket during the off season and she'll be there too but not shooting.  We'll be camping in the range.   Looking forward to it.

Can't wait.  It is going to be a fun weekend.  Come on by the Man vs Man shootoff on Thursday if you are around and say hi.  I am ROing all day over there.  

2 hours ago, bisley said:

My application is in the mail.

It will be a good time.  Glad you are going Bisley.  

The Lake County Pistoleros & Ides of March are still accepting Vendor & Sponsor Applications as well as Shooters Applications too.

If you are interested, fill out the application and send it in. We hope to see you in Central, FL in March!

MATCH APPLICATION: https://forums.sassnet.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=132533&key=e2b3c9270a109744ced122f21981b29b 

VENDOR APPLICATION: https://forums.sassnet.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=132534&key=55d8d643eedb26df27942d731be5afad

SPONSOR APPLICATION: https://forums.sassnet.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=132535&key=fcae9772500543d00a3e67d1e7afce98

SASS RO 1 Class at Ides of March 2022
WHEN: Thursday, March 17th from 8:00 am - 12:00
WHERE: Eustis Gun Club Shotgun Storage Shed
WHO: Amaduelist
COST: New Certification - $25 | Refresher - $10
WHAT TO BRING: Pen and Paper for note-taking
julia.clapp@hotmail.com
smartasterisk@outlook.com

Look's like Lil's appointment with the sawbones is locked in on the 08 March 2022 and it's not going to be movable.  Totally sucks, but that is life.  I told her if she can get the parts, I would do it for her as I have a saw and all the required PPE!

1045290408_dewaltvibratorysaw.jpg.b1b485bfd456368096b0022f4608e037.jpg

1847830891_DogmeatDoesDental-small.thumb.jpg.13495580cd34ac9a8441020f18cb499f.jpg

She kept complaining, something about anesthesia and needing a license or something!  :rolleyes:  I told her not to worry, I don't need a license, I have Stinkin' Badges and I promised her that I wouldn't feel a thing! :P:lol:

Anyway, she is pretty insistent that I go to the match anyway, and even went so far as to arrange with friends to help her and get her to therapy while I was gone, but I told her I was not comfortable doing that but would wait to see how she was doing before I made my final decision.  So, it will probably be the Wednesday, 14 March 2022, the day before the match before I can make the final call.  If I do decide to go, it will be a(nother) whirlwind trip, drive down Thursday (Side match day) directly to the hotel, match day Friday/Saturday, then watch the Top Gun shoot-off on Sunday morning before hitting the road for home getting there around 1:00am Monday morning.  As it's ONLY a 13 hour drive, it shouldn't be too bad. :blink:

Time will tell, and I would certainly hate to miss the match, but I won't leave her alone unless she is really doing well.  I had her ask the sawbones his opinion about her status after a week.  I think she phrased it..."Will I be able to get rid of my husband a week after the surgery?" and he said he didn't see why not. :o

Come to think of it, maybe I better get some clarification on that.....:blink::rolleyes::lol:

Don't mind the dates on the apps for vendor and sponsor deadlines.  They were not updated from last year.  We are still accepting them.  Send an email to Smart * (contact info above) if you would like to vend or sponsor.  And of course, we are still accepting shooters apps.  Get them in the mail soon.  See you in March. 

On 2/2/2022 at 12:25 PM, The Outlaw Travis James said:

OTJ, That's a very good point!

646716394_BlueCrabWeather.jpg.3e91f13362164377246b779453c8bbd4.jpg

Continued weather craziness here in the Mid-Atlantic.  In the last week alone we have had 60 degree days, then snow, then cold, and back again.  It was 11 degrees when I woke up this morning, currently at 32, and the snow from the latest dusting is still on the ground.  High on Thursday is supposed to hit 65.

Still not sure if I will make the Ides, but Lil is adamant that I go.  She has setup help for her everyday while I am supposed to be gone, including a "Girls Only" card game day on Saturday the 19th.  She REALLY must want me GONE!

Not going to make and final decisions until Tuesday, March 15th, and we see how she is actually doing.  I'm not sure it's a good idea to be gone, but she is insistent, so we shall see.

If you haven't signed up yet, Just Do It!  It's a great match, with great folks, at a great location.  Hope to see you all there!

One month from today is the start of the Florida State Championship Main Match.  Don't wait, get those apps sent in now!!! 

ARE Y'ALL GETTING EXCITED? THIS MAY HELP.

MATCH APPLICATION:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sassfl/posts/1973138919531218/
VENDOR APPLICATION:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sassfl/posts/1973140672864376/
SPONSOR APPLICATION:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sassfl/posts/1973140266197750

4 hours ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Maryland, our Legislature may suck, but we have Crabs & Beer & Old Bay....Lot's and Lot's of Old Bay!  B)

Chesapeake Bay seafood is one of the few good reasons to live here. 

Crab.jpg?ssl=1

Holding my breath wondering what you will do.

I'm thinking the Girl's Only card game is a huge GET OUT! :lol:

14 minutes ago, Waimea said:

Holding my breath wondering what you will do.

I'm thinking the Girl's Only card game is a huge GET OUT! :lol:

Absolutely, it's undoubtedly one of those Run For You Life moments! :o

SimpleCooperativeIslandwhistler-small.gi

As long as she is doing well, without any complications, and doesn't need to be pumped full of pain meds to get through the day, I will in all likelihood be heading south for the match.  She would be mad at me if I didn't go.  If, however, things are not going well I will not hesitate to cancel the trip.  The only problem is that I won't know before the 15th so I need to be 100% ready to go, but prepared to cancel at a moments notice.

Archived