SASS Wire Forum

Am I insane? Cowboy Shooting Purchases

Mezcal Charlie

My budget for SASS was $5,000 including guns, leather, clothes, and everything needed for reloading. The budget did not include safes.

In about $7,500 at this point, and no reloading presses yet. Do have brass, powder, primers(!), bullets, various tools. Everything but the presses to actually reload.

Maybe I'll be fully up and running for about $10,000. This number may or may not include another shotgun... Does not include safes. 

I am clearly an amateur in this sport. I'm actually an amateur in four different shooting sports. Probably should include the cost of safes in the total...

None of these numbers include my various daily carry rigs (5+), another $1,000 for just what is holding my pants up right now.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a children's book I used to read to my kids when they were younger.  "If you give a mouse a cookie."

Turns our if you give mouse a cookie, he'll also want a glass of milk, and if you give him that, eventually you end up in an endless loop of giving him things. 

Cowboy action can be like that, an endless loop of purchases. 

Some good news today. My wife Michelle spoke with Scarlett of Bullets by Scarlett fame about her bullet boxes and bingo Michelle may go to Belton with me I two weeks. She is asking about wardrobe and alias so cusps to Scarlett, I owe you big!

Archived