SASS Wire Forum

High $$$...is it worth it?

Singin' Sue 71615

I managed to get some Clays, averaged about $33 after hazmat & shipping. Cleanshot @ $30, BP at $35, still cheaper than loaded ammo and once you have it, you don't have to go to the LGS every week hoping they got some in! Not looking forward to the primer expense. I think we can make it a season and hopefully the price will drop a bit. However, with Joey still in; cost may not be issue and just grab them when available.

Cleanshot (Lovex D032) is the same as AA No. 2 when it was made by Lovex in CZ.
No. 2 is now made in the U.S. (St. Marks?) but I figure the formulation is very similar.

Cleanshot is FAR less pricey than No. 2

I found Cheddite 209's at Sportsman's Warehouse three months ago - LOTS of them - for $39.99, less the 5% veteran's discount, so $37.99. They had a limit of 1000, but let me get away with 3000. :)

3 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Look on the bright side.

At least you live in a state that allows you to buy ammo and makings on line; no can do here....well, not legally.

LL

You know it’s a shame when there is a state worse than California for some things. 

5 hours ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

But Uncle Joe’s ban on imported ammo and primers has a lot to do with it.

I just got 5000 cheddite primers, which are made in France.  Covid and the increase in raw materials has had far more to do with the shortages than the current occupant of the oval office

Babbling B hasn't banned all imported ammo and primers, just what is made in Russia and even that is still finding ways into the U.S.

10 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Wow...just paid $134 for 1000 Federal small pistol primers!!:o

I will not be online buying primers again...just outrageous the cost!

This madness has to stop!

Hate to say it, but watch how you vote!!

A week and a half ago, I bought a 1000 large pistol primers online from Cabelas.ca for $93. Cdn + postage. 

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Guess that is why Shanley and I rarely go out to eat...I can't enjoy it, when I think how many meals I can make at home for $60!!!

Lot of sticker shock in restaurants these last two or three years, with more to come. That bill for two for a couple of burgers and beers at the old local has doubled in that time, and we're in for a ride.

Archived