SASS Wire Forum

End of Trail 2022 IT'S HERE!

Turquoise Bill, SASS #39118

6 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

First of all, whether a 4473 is required for private party transfers is decided by the State. 

Transferring a Long Gun to a non-resident or from a non-resident in the State of the transaction requires an FFL (4473). Transferring a handgun to a non-resident can only be done in the State of the buyer.

A lot of folks just say to hell with these rules...I'm a "Cowboy" and I'll do as I please. I say...well "Outlaw", good for you! But I won't have any part of that...

Phantom

I guess I never really thought about buying/selling in another state.  I just figured a private sale was a private sale. Learn something new every day! 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I guess I never really thought about buying/selling in another state.  I just figured a private sale was a private sale. Learn something new every day! 

Trust me...dealing with BATFE can be a real head scratcher.

Many States such as Colorado, California...and I think TN and others, require background checks on all Private Party transfers. Texas does not so long as the Buyer isn't prohibited from owning the firearm.

Phantom

Legendary Guns, an Arizona FFL will be present to ship firearms to FFL's in other states and to handle retail sales for Arizona residents. Also a first time vendor, American Gun Works of Glendale CA, will be present to handle FFL transfers for residents of California. All swap meet sellers sign a contract to conduct firearm sales in accordance with Federal and State laws.

45 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Many States such as Colorado, California...and I think TN and others, require background checks on all Private Party transfers. Texas does not so long as the Buyer isn't prohibited from owning the firearm.

Phantom

NM as well, right?

9 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

I bet there taking tomorrow off :D

Well....might be, might be not!

If y'all are coming out today, park in the parking lots across from the main tent...

There is some stuff that can be done under canopy's.:rolleyes:

Hope for rain to pass early afternoon...

Your EOT Board works rain or shine!:wub:

9 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

I bet there taking tomorrow off :D

Clear those skies and bring on the sunshine.  Sassy and I are pulling out in a few minutes heading west.  Tombstone tomorrow, Phoenix Monday.

36 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Clear those skies and bring on the sunshine.  Sassy and I are pulling out in a few minutes heading west.  Tombstone tomorrow, Phoenix Monday.

Just for you I'll see what I can do :)

15 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Phantom

As of a couple of years ago Nevada is on that list also. :angry:

On 2/23/2022 at 1:17 PM, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Safe travels.

Safe so far but been sloppy and cold until couple hours ago. Got above 30 about Hobbs. 19 when we left Snyder this morning on ice and in 4x4.

West of Las Cruces now headed to Big Nose Kate's. 

Suspect better weather at Ben Avery too.

2 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Safe so far but been sloppy and cold until couple hours ago. Got above 30 about Hobbs. 19 when we left Snyder this morning on ice and in 4x4.

West of Las Cruces now headed to Big Nose Kate's. 

Suspect better weather at Ben Avery too.

Yes. All is drying out and warming up!

This morning @ EOT, not a cloud in the sky (thanks to Hell’s Comin’). Lunch in the Ranger Tent, and what was for lunch. Back to work tomorrow gettin ready for the show :). 

53F5B410-FED0-425E-90E5-4EB98958076D.jpeg

85101109-F8DF-4E93-ADDA-2C7575D26C8F.jpeg

2B251DD6-54E8-4416-AF75-DE625086312A.jpeg

On 2/17/2022 at 9:33 AM, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

I may have to leave a day or two early due to weather.  The jet stream is running through NM & AZ bringing bad driving conditions.  I-40 is getting snow and I-10 is getting intense dust storms.  Would be nice if winter weather moved north for a couple of weeks.

My plan worked.  I traveled the mornings on Tuesday and Wednesday, avoiding the dust storms on the NM/AZ border.  A big RV pulled into my campground at night Wednesday.  He said the state highway between Hatch and Deming was closed and it took him eight hours to travel a two hour route due to blowing dust.  His awnings were damaged by winds.  Up on the Mogollon Rim there was a foot of snow needing plowing off the roads.  Next week forecasts are for warm and sunny weather.

I went to Cowtown this morning and chatted with Oklahoma Dee for awhile.  There is over a week of fun shooting starting tomorrow.

Steel in the bays, stage fronts mostly in place, boardwalk being installed. Range beautification committee work will begin shortly. Work continues tomorrow and finishes on Sunday. Safe travels for all those attending.

TB

IMG_5184D.thumb.JPG.e6f9bd62da0eb67442a9e9fc48319da5.JPGIMG_5183X.thumb.JPG.8b967b50a80c3a956f75a5827f61223f.JPGIMG_5182X.thumb.JPG.275a497be8ac4361c4bc0f4fb2172c9f.JPG

On 2/22/2022 at 7:01 PM, Hoss said:

An interstate transaction gives the feds authority (interstate commerce).

Daughter and I are heading out in the morning. Got the truck loaded up but there is something amiss....Thar's still room!! 

2 hours ago, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

Daughter and I are heading out in the morning. Got the truck loaded up but there is something amiss....Thar's still room!! 

That’s for bringing stuff you buy there back. :P

Sorry Hells Comin, too busy to take pictures today, back gave out about a week ago, hopefully I will be able to shoot next week. Yul Lose took some nice pictures of the stages, here is a link to his post:

TB

Pic 1 & 2 is stage 12, pic 3 is 1-4, pic 4 is lunch line for the Rangers on Saturday, 5 is competitor entrance, Az Game and Fish main entrance. Coming together nicely :). 

2A251B75-76E7-49C4-896F-A9A060D85BDB.jpeg

96CA9207-8E72-45C8-94E6-80AAA9FBD298.jpeg

5DC8C09B-759A-4670-A945-CA5A99FAE2CE.jpeg

6AB111FD-A9DE-40E2-9B4A-4DC4B405678A.jpeg

BF22850A-16CF-4E6F-B0DA-10F2E708CB58.jpeg

Welcome to all the attendees, may you have a great match, and a fun time. 

Thanks to all of the volunteers who helped put this match together!

See ya'll on the range!

TB

Archived