SASS Wire Forum

End of Trail 2022 IT'S HERE!

Turquoise Bill, SASS #39118

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to hear your coming Mudflat, the swap meet should be the usual mayhem:D but lots of fun and some real bargains.

TB

Looking forward to it !

We are packing up and will be heading west next Friday ! 

Can't wait !!!!

14 minutes ago, C.C. Top said:

Looking forward to it !

We are packing up and will be heading west next Friday ! 

Can't wait !!!!

I have been watching the podcasts with you and Duce, hopefully you will be amazed at you first visit to AZ and Ben Avery range the new home of End of Trail! Look forward to meeting you, safe travels. If you haven't seen the progress check out this link: 

TB

I made my final travel plans.  There is a strong storm forecast across the Southwest this week.  I need to be in Phoenix this weekend so I can't avoid it.  Snowfall with strong winds is forecast for the I-40 corridor.  Instead I will travel I-10, but only in the mornings before blowing dust closes the freeway as is likely around Lordsburg on Wednesday afternoon.  Looks like I can watch some old western movies when not on the road.

1 hour ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

I made my final travel plans.  There is a strong storm forecast across the Southwest this week.  I need to be in Phoenix this weekend so I can't avoid it.  Snowfall with strong winds is forecast for the I-40 corridor.  Instead I will travel I-10, but only in the mornings before blowing dust closes the freeway as is likely around Lordsburg on Wednesday afternoon.  Looks like I can watch some old western movies when not on the road.

Safe trip.

The rim was good.

2006 was the great flood. But since then, boardwalk has magically appeared. Feels like miles and miles of it. No more knee deep pot hole soft spots where you would lose a boot.

Remember though, it takes volunteers to put it down! Consider being an EOT Ranger in the future and help make EOT the best match for your shooting Buddies.

Big commitment by some amazing folks. They humble me.

Remember to thank a Ranger when you see them on the range. They are the backbone that make EOT happen. 

Nice boardwalk, and it was easy to sweep the hailstones off it too!

We’ve now made it from VT to New Orleans, should be there in a few more days.

Well it's looking like this week will be the wet weather, hopefully Hells Comin will take care of us the week of the match.

Safe travels to all that are going to be in route to EOT 2022.

TB

2 hours ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

I do remember 2006 losing my boots in area stages 1-4.   Mercy!

I had a great posse and I believe we shot 5-8  first day.  Day was really pretty.  We had Tequila and crew moving with us some for The Outdoor Channel.   I remember the show repeated many times and footage revealed blue sky.  Little did most viewers know that those stages of ours shown of that day were thrown out for match.  

There has been another year of rain on couple of days but never as muddy as 2006 to my recollection.

CU soon

On 2/17/2022 at 6:27 PM, Hells Comin said:

(I'm) going to bring some cooler weather and rain  the middle of next week, but (I'll) bring back bright sunshine for EOT & Fire&Ice

(70°+)

Your weather man 

Hells Comin 

Turquoise Bill remember this?

2 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

Turquoise Bill remember this?

Yes I do, we are counting on you for the weather for the match next week image.png.edda874b23a187a4ffd50dd33ce0b5a8.png

Hells Comin has ordered dust control to be applied to the entire Phoenix area tomorrow, with sun drying be applied from Thursday on.

TB

Selling firearms in a state in which your NOT a resident, to "others" who are not a resident may well draw the interest of BATFE.  BATFE doesn't have much of a sense of humor ya know.

29 minutes ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

There are several FFL's on site to handle the transfer.  

I'm sure you already know this...

For those coming from California, your State does not allow any transfer of any gun outside of the State of California...paperwork must be completed in your State.

47 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I'm sure you already know this...

For those coming from California, your State does not allow any transfer of any gun outside of the State of California...paperwork must be completed in your State.

Good to hear from you Phantom.

Serious question, I was under the impression that states that were contiguous could transfer long guns to a non-resident  from one of those contiguous states. ie CO - AZ, OR CO - UT, etc. Is that correct?

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

1 hour ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Good to hear from you Phantom.

Serious question, I was under the impression that states that were contiguous could transfer long guns to a non-resident  from one of those contiguous states. ie CO - AZ, OR CO - UT, etc. Is that correct?

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Thanks Gateway! I'm doing my best to avoid the Wire...

Actually the old law was "contiguous", but now it's any State...doesn't need to "touch". However, California does not allow it.

Phantom

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Thanks Gateway! I'm doing my best to avoid the Wire...

Actually the old law was "contiguous", but now it's any State...doesn't need to "touch". However, California does not allow it.

Phantom

How's that working for you.  Lol

I thought an individual , not in the business of buy/selling guns, could buy/sell wherever they wanted, to whom ever they wanted, as long as they did not know or should know the buyer cannot legally purchase a gun? (No FFL transfer required) 

im asking because I’m planning on bringing a couple of guns that I dont shoot to Land Run in October to sell/trade  for some I will shoot. (I live in Texas LR is in Ok) 

42 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I thought an individual , not in the business of buy/selling guns, could buy/sell wherever they wanted, to whom ever they wanted, as long as they did not know or should know the buyer cannot legally purchase a gun? (No FFL transfer required) 

im asking because I’m planning on bringing a couple of guns that I dont shoot to Land Run in October to sell/trade  for some I will shoot. (I live in Texas LR is in Ok) 

Can not do legally without an FFL to do the 4473.

Found this.  In short, sake to resident of another state has to go they FFL. 
Maldonado says sales between 2 individuals do not require federal record Keeping. I certainly don’t want to fall afoul if the feds and lose my rights to own guns! 

download

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Found this.  In short, sake to resident of another state has to go they FFL. 
Maldonado says sales between 2 individuals do not require federal record Keeping. I certainly don’t want to fall afoul if the feds and lose my rights to own guns! 

download

First of all, whether a 4473 is required for private party transfers is decided by the State. 

Transferring a Long Gun to a non-resident or from a non-resident in the State of the transaction requires an FFL (4473). Transferring a handgun to a non-resident can only be done in the State of the buyer.

A lot of folks just say to hell with these rules...I'm a "Cowboy" and I'll do as I please. I say...well "Outlaw", good for you! But I won't have any part of that...

Phantom

Archived