SASS Wire Forum

thoughts on a donation to a school

Trigger Mike

our children go to a Christian school and they hold an auction each year to raise money.  Last year I donated an AR15 made locally and it brought them over $2000.  this year I thought , since most people have an AR15 by now that wants one, that I'd do something different.  They had asked me to donate another gun.  I'd like your opinion please.

I wanted something different but my dealer could not get a glock 43x, so I got him to order me the Ruger micro max 9.  I then told him to have it cerakoted .  Have the frame turned carolina blue ( a light blue) and the slide the other school color navy blue.  I thought making it the school colors might generate more interest.  He has not got it delivered yet so I got time to adjust the cerakote idea.  

i figure a ruger is not collectable but good for defense.  

I like it! Folks doing the bidding are there to help the school!

AR owners don't seem to mind buying multiples, different setups for each purpose.  Cerakote is a good way to increase the appeal of a utilitarian 9.  Possibly have the 10rd magazine base plate match the frame blue and the 12rd match the slide blue for easy recognition.  Include an extra magazine if you are having the magazines Cerakoted and be sure the auctioneer tells them they are add ons. 

Archived