SASS Wire Forum

Buckshot Bear

If you watched it yestiddy, you should be able to tell me if this scene is in there.

Duke is in town, and is forming a posse. But since the West was no longer wild he wasn't wearing a gun. So he goes into the local mercantile and tells him he needs a gun. The store owner asks him if he wants a 38, and Duke says something along the lines of "Don't I always use one".

I've got that stuck in my memory, but I have not been able to find the movie that it's in. For the longest time I thought it was McLintock! Until I got a copy.

First time I saw that I had never heard of a 38 Winchester, and thought he was talking about a 38 Special.

50 minutes ago, Alpo said:

If you watched it yestiddy, you should be able to tell me if this scene is in there.

Duke is in town, and is forming a posse. But since the West was no longer wild he wasn't wearing a gun. So he goes into the local mercantile and tells him he needs a gun. The store owner asks him if he wants a 38, and Duke says something along the lines of "Don't I always use one".

I've got that stuck in my memory, but I have not been able to find the movie that it's in. For the longest time I thought it was McLintock! Until I got a copy.

First time I saw that I had never heard of a 38 Winchester, and thought he was talking about a 38 Special.

That's not ringing a bell......BUT I did notice this and took a pic of it and cant believe it made it through the cutting room edits......can anyone spot the big boom mic that was shoved out? You could see it shoved out and angled back and forth to who was talking.

20220131_144130.thumb.jpg.0029414af356a4586646d8ea50ea35c1.jpg

37 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

That's not ringing a bell......BUT I did notice this and took a pic of it and cant believe it made it through the cutting room edits......can anyone spot the big boom mic that was shoved out? You could see it shoved out and angled back and forth to who was talking.

20220131_144130.thumb.jpg.0029414af356a4586646d8ea50ea35c1.jpg

I never noticed that!!!

Guess I will have to put it on and see.

Looks like right before they were headed out for the new mercantile?

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I never noticed that!!!

Guess I will have to put it on and see.

Looks like right before they were headed out for the new mercantile?

G'day Sue how are you :) :) :) 

Jenorado and I couldn't believe when we saw the boom mic, wasn't sure what it was at first!

8 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

G'day Sue how are you :) :) :) 

Jenorado and I couldn't believe when we saw the boom mic, wasn't sure what it was at first!

It is funny, that I have seen that film at least once a year , and NEVER noticed the boom.

7 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

It is funny, that I have seen that film at least once a year , and NEVER noticed the boom.

I Googled to see if anyone else has ever seen it (as usually these things get talked about) and I couldn't find a single mention of it.

Archived