SASS Wire Forum

Gun Tab -- Safe Way To Pay For Online Sales

Cholla

Scammers are constantly trying to separate you from your hard-earned money. The desire to jump on a seemingly good deal overwhelms our better judgement. I have seen SASS members and members on other boards get scammed out of thousands of dollars. Just because someone claims to be a SASS member, or even is a SASS member doesn't mean they are an upright citizen. Please realize scammers can open an account here and elsewhere to build a reputation before springing the trap of selling non-existent guns. This can be avoided by using Gun Tab. They hold the funds until the buyer verifies that the gun is as stated. Yes, it costs 2.9%. How much is you sanity worth?

https://www.guntab.com/

I almost got taken a wile back.  I received a PM from someone on the SASS wire and they told me that they had a friend that was not in SASS that has what I was looking for and here is his email.  Like a fool I contacted them and after a few exchanges of email I realized that the person on the other end did not know what he had or what I really needed.  I asked for some proof that they had the stock I was looking for.  I asked for a picture of the stock resting on a piece of paper with my name on it.  They sent a picture of the entire gun with my name Photoshoped into the picture. At that point I was going to send a PM to the SASS member that sent me the original PM but noticed that that person only had one post and that was the PM that they had sent to  me.  I notified the Moderator and he deleted the account.   They are getting more sneaky with there scams all the time.

Since I am the one that instigated this topic I thought I would reply.  I have literally bought hundreds of guns off the internet over the years.  Not only auctions like gunbroker, auction arms, and guns international but off of many forum boards.  The guy selling in the current case looked good.  Had a SASS number posted.  Had a join date of April 2021.  Had 74 posts.  Prices were good but not glaringly obvious low.  I have bought two SAA's in the last year for what he was asking.  I guess I got complacent because I have had so many good interactions with the guys on here that after looking at the things I mentioned I assumed the guy was good to go.  I hadn't seen Gun Tab before but it looks like it might solve some of these problems.  Thanks for the post!

Archived