SASS Wire Forum

American Women Quarters™

Sedalia Dave

Thanks for the post Dave. ;)

However, another waste of our tax dollars being spent on useless currency. :angry:

I do love me some '64 and earlier quarters. As well as pre '64 Winchesters. ;)

8 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

They're absolutely terrible.  This is why I collect old coins instead of the new ones.

Same here. I love Morgans and "junk" silver. Not to mention Prospector rounds. And maybe some Zombie Walker stuff. :o

The only non silver coinage I collect are the bicentennial quarters and halves. Just something neat about those.

36 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Anna May Wong is a movie star from the 20-30's. How did she do anything significant? 

We must be diverse. We got a black woman a white woman a Indian woman a Mexican woman. We needed a Chinese woman. And she got picked.

I figure if they succeed in their "multi-racial women on coinage" without the country pitching a bitch, they will go back to their plan to put Harriet Tubman on the 20.

Baby steps.

14 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I figure if they succeed in their "multi-racial women on coinage" without the country pitching a bitch, they will go back to their plan to put Harriet Tubman on the 20.

The last time that was discussed it was pointed out gun toting Harriet Tubman was probably more aligned with the Lincoln Republicans of the day. You know, freeing the slaves and all unlike the Southern democrats, I mean slave owners, of the day. That just wasn't going to check all the boxes on the application to change to the $20 for the PC crowd.

Although I do not think any of our currency needs to change Harriet Tubman certainly exhibited real strength and real bravery through her actions and should be on a very short list towards that change. 

I use the dollar coins. Don’t really care who’s on them. I just like to see the expression on the 18 year old cashiers face. :lol:

14 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

So no Betsy Ross?

Or Catherine Ross?????

Best

CR

Crace Hopper???

I can't wait for HRC quarter. A true hero. :blink:

14 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I use the dollar coins. Don’t really care who’s on them. I just like to see the expression on the 18 year old cashiers face. :lol:

The Susan B Anthonys I keep for poker. The gold dollars I do like to use on occasion and sometimes I will even use a stack of Eisenhower "silver" dollars for a tip at a restaurant just for something different. $2 bills, I have discovered, also lead to mass confusion or at least some interesting conversation. 

21 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Anna May Wong is a movie star from the 20-30's. How did she do anything significant? 

I think that could be said of many movie and sports stars , I get the appreciation for their ability because they entertain us , but I’ll never get the pedestal some of these people are put on .

I have no problem with them having and opinion on anything, but it is no more or less valuable than anyone else’s . 

Howdy

Some waitresses LOVE my half dollar tips.

Ive been putting together a collection for a while now.

I have a bank that gets at least two rolls a week.

A lot of these have been messed with.

And yes a couple silver half have turned up.  Dont hold yor breath.

Best

CR

3 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

The Susan B Anthonys I keep for poker. The gold dollars I do like to use on occasion and sometimes I will even use a stack of Eisenhower "silver" dollars for a tip at a restaurant just for something different. $2 bills, I have discovered, also lead to mass confusion or at least some interesting conversation. 

I like to use the gold dollars and $2 bills for tips.  I used to use the Eisenhower dollars on occasion.  Never more than one, tho.  They have always been tough to find and now they're darn near impossible.  For a while I had a lady at the bank keep an eye out for them for me.  I haven't gotten any for quite some time.  I guess somebody has decided they are collectable and started hoarding them.  Boy howdy, but they'd get some attention when I left one on the table. :D  I think it would brighten up my day as much as the person that got the tip.  If I ever win big at the lottery I may start handing out real silver dollars as tips.

Angus

The coins last longer in circulation than paper money, which is the rationale for minting them. If the govt. had spent their research dollars on human behavior instead of metal vs paper, they'd have know that people don't like them because they're too heavy to carry in meaningful quantities. So now they just sit in jars and drawers.

6 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I think that could be said of many movie and sports stars , I get the appreciation for their ability because they entertain us , but I’ll never get the pedestal some of these people are put on .

I have no problem with them having and opinion on anything, but it is no more or less valuable than anyone else’s . 

except John Wayne, his opinions are the most truthie of anyone's 

I thought this was gonna be the directions to the WAC barracks.

Archived