SASS Wire Forum

Didja ever have a day..

Utah Bob #35998

……when you felt like hollering at every dang thing? I have been yellin and cussin at everything from the tv news to the washing machine since I got up! 
Even yelled at my socks once. 
My socks! :blink:

Well, yes, I have. The main thing is that you’re okay…as long as things don’t start yelling back…especially socks. Once they get an angry foothold you’re doomed! :lol:

21 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Those poor defenseless socks?

They are Bob's socks.

What makes you think that they are defenseless?:huh:

Bob,

Talking to inanimate objects is alright. 

Start worrying when it turns into a 2 way conversation.

I'm voting for a horse AND a dog.

Been to the point of screaming a time or two!!  Found myself frothing at the mouth once!!  When that happened, I realized that I had passed the point of being useful that day and I took the rest of the day off and put in about 200 miles on my motorcycle!! I was laughing at my stupidity all afternoon!!

Next day, the whole world was brighter and the object of my ire was easily repaired and worked perfectly!!

Frustration can do things to yer head.  Simple fixes that frustrate you can be truly maddening! Knowing when to walk away is essential!

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

……when you felt like hollering at every dang thing?

19 years as a public servant and 27 years in the service industry.  Yep, know where you’re coming from.  I solved the problem by retiring.

26+ years dealing with convicted felons...yeah, I understand.

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Been to the point of screaming a time or two!!  Found myself frothing at the mouth once!!  When that happened, I realized that I had passed the point of being useful that day and I took the rest of the day off and put in about 200 miles on my motorcycle!! I was laughing at my stupidity all afternoon!!

So, you are saying "get a motorcycle"?

(Mine got me through a lot also. I put over 180,000 miles on it just riding the backroads in california (ncca)!):ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

So, you are saying "get a motorcycle"?

(Mine got me through a lot also. I put over 180,000 miles on it just riding the backroads in california (ncca)!):ph34r:

Well, YES!!  If you’re a competent rider, by all means!! A motorcycle can get your soul to where you need to be!!

The old Harley has over 300,000 on it.  Several repairs and two major rebuilds. Every minute on it makes me happy!!

Not only that! It was my only transportation for several years!!

Be careful yelling at your socks, instead of losing just one, you'll lose both.:P

19 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

Or a cat.........

Cats take revenge!

Over the years my motorcycles have brought a lot of Joy, now with declining health my Wife says that when we ride .

It makes me come alive,,, I walk with a more decisive step, stand straighter, act with greater confidence and Smile a lot more.

She says when I ride I look 30 years younger.  And other drivers bother me less !

So I say get a bike ...

Jabez Cowboy

I have a 16lb sledgehammer with the handle sawed off to about 16”.  For years, I used it to do frame work and chassis repair on large trucks.  It is great for swedging rivets and for places where there isn’t much room to swing!

Over the years, other guys in the shop would clear out when I started cussing and hollering ‘cause they never knew what direction that hammer was liable to fly!!  

Once, a couple of them measured the distance from where I turned it loose to where it first hit the shop floor. It was over thirty-seven feet.  I was laying on the floor on a creeper and flung it out the back door, swinging up to a sitting position while grabbing the frame of a truck with the other hand.  

Today, I probably couldn’t throw it fifteen feet, standing and taking a full swing!!  :lol:

2 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Over the years my motorcycles have brought a lot of Joy, now with declining health my Wife says that when we ride .

It makes me come alive,,, I walk with a more decisive step, stand straighter, act with greater confidence and Smile a lot more.

She says when I ride I look 30 years younger.  And other drivers bother me less !

So I say get a bike ...

Jabez Cowboy

Had a bike.

Had a Bike ,,,,,,, That's the problem ! 

I understand you don't get old and Stop riding,,,,,,, When you stop riding you get OLD !

I see your smile ....  I my tag line is a Quote form my Mothers Mom .... the dear old girl made it to 93 .

Jabez Cowboy 

31 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Had a Bike ,,,,,,, That's the problem ! 

I understand you don't get old and Stop riding,,,,,,, When you stop riding you get OLD !

I see your smile ....  I my tag line is a Quote form my Mothers Mom .... the dear old girl made it to 93 .

Jabez Cowboy 

I refuse to get old. I have found that one of the quickest ways to get old is hang around old people. So I don’t. :D

Archived