SASS Wire Forum

Pahrump, NV

Seymour Action

There are some SASS Shooters in Pahrump. There is not currently an active club in Pahrump at this time. They are currently in the process of acquiring and building a new range There. 

There is however three cowboy clubs just over the hill in the Las Vegas area that the folks from Pahrump come and shoot at regularly. Those clubs are very welcoming to visitors and new members that could introduce you to Pahrump locals.

Feel free to reach out if you would like more information. 

Another famous SASS member in Pahrump is MADD MIKE,  but I think he is inactive.

He use to be on the Wire all the time but I ain't seen nor heard from him in a few years.   He is a top notch

GF.

..........Widder

38 minutes ago, Jailhouse Jim, SASS #13104 said:

@Creeker is a Pahrump guy.  Check with him through the wire.

Creeker is actually a Las Vegas guy.

My mother lives in Pahrump and runs our gun shop - Emmalees Guns & Emporium.

(Emmalee is Desert Scorpions real name after great grandmother Emma and grandmother Lee)

I'm involved in a number of businesses in Las Vegas and don't get out to the shop as often as I should (other than my Nevada CCW classes that have been on hold during my Covid and injury recovery).

Additional cowboy shooters in Pahrump include Lash Latigo and Penny Pepperbox (who is currently a Nye County Commissioner and we couldn't be prouder).

But as Beaver mentioned, there are three clubs in Las Vegas - a club in St George Utah - and a myriad of clubs in Southern California are only a hop and skip away as well.

1 hour ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

Likely excuse since prostitution still legal there :)

Not only legal - but the brothels are among the leading community groups when there are crisises or emergencies.

And since I am a huge believer in freedom and liberty - I love the idea of consenting adults (in the absence of harm to others) exercising their right to handle their personal business as they see fit.

The community church that my mom attends was discussing getting behind a push to close the brothels or force them out of town; my mom stood up in church and stated her opposition to this idea.

Reminding the congregation that freedom; true freedom is ugly and will always have the capacity to offend.

And that ongoing changes in social norms or expectations can cause anything to fall out of favor; our gunshop or eventually their church or right to worship as they see fit. 

But true freedom is not supposed to be at the whims of societal attitudes, trends or fads. 

Plus one of the brothels has a pretty decent cafe.

3 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Another famous SASS member in Pahrump is MADD MIKE,  but I think he is inactive.

He use to be on the Wire all the time but I ain't seen nor heard from him in a few years.   He is a top notch

GF.

..........Widder

The Madd one still has roots in Pahrump but he now spends most of his time relaxing at his new digs in North Carolina. ;)

3 hours ago, Ramblin' Rose SASS #2811 said:

Creeker, if I remember correctly, a brothel sponsored a stage at a match I shoot at many years ago. 

I don't recall; but it would not surprise me any. 

The brothels put out (hmm, perhaps put forth is a better way to phrase that) :blush: a great amount of effort to be community supporters and sponsor a number of things.

I figure most of us have sold our labor in exchange for money at some time or another - so I don't get too worked up about it.

Most from the community feel the same way - I kind of like the attitude.:wub:

On 1/27/2022 at 12:12 PM, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Reminding the congregation that freedom; true freedom is ugly and will always have the capacity to offend.

Oh, if only everyone could understand and live by this.

They used to do an annual shoot that was really a lot of fun. Shot it several times with Madd Mike, Penny Pepperbox & Lask Latigo.

Shot one monthly out there several years ago and then had a wonderful lunch with the shooters at a great eatery!  Thoroughly enjoyable.  Hope they get their new digs sorted!

Archived