SASS Wire Forum

Navy Arms SxS

Frederick Jackson Turner

I know there's a Deuce video out, but I have to add, having handled the new Navy Arms 12 ga. Coach Gun at the SHOT Show last week, I'm glad to see a new presence in the market.

Val is a great guy, and he's clearly listening to the marketplace.

With the Charles Dalys being vaporware, and Stoeger absent from the market due to supply chain issues, it's nice to see another player in the game

It might even take some of the market pressure off the limited existing supplies of SxS for cowboys!

Cheers,

FJT

Heard about that on the radio the other day. Sounds like a quality scattergun at a decent price.

Speaking of sound...

Hud should think about broadcasting from the bathroom more often. 

:lol:

I called Navy Arms and they said they are built by Genc-Huglu in Turkey.

https://www.facebook.com/GENÇ-HUĞLU-SİLAH-SANAYİ-207397145961414/

On 1/25/2022 at 11:11 PM, Frederick Jackson Turner said:

I know there's a Deuce video out, but I have to add, having handled the new Navy Arms 12 ga. Coach Gun at the SHOT Show last week, I'm impressed.

Val is a great guy, and he's clearly listening to the marketplace.

With the Charles Dalys being vaporware, and Stoeger absent from the market due to supply chain issues, it's nice to see a quality new player in the game

It might even take some of the market pressure off the limited existing supplies of SxS for cowboys!

Cheers,

FJT

EAA was importing the Charles Daly under the name Churchill, I got one last year...

so basically it is made by the same guys that make CZ sharptails... less embelishements..  I heard some mixed reviews on metallurgy on turkish CZs... might be a good range toy but how do they withstand heavy use?

4 hours ago, Last Call Saul said:

so basically it is made by the same guys that make CZ sharptails... less embelishements..  I heard some mixed reviews on metallurgy on turkish CZs... might be a good range toy but how do they withstand heavy use?

That's a fair question.  Turkish metallurgy and assembly can be a bit spotty.  Many of the firearms which we employ are a starting point for what can/might be made into a good gun.  This will likely be one of them.  Be mindful of the different levels of use which are in evidence throughout Cowboy Action Shooting, as your mileage may vary.  And, to be fair, few folks take a NIB Uberti 1873 to the range, without work being done on it.  I know a couple of cowboy gunsmiths that are already working on tuning,  springs and firing pins for this one.

Remember; the original guns were never meant to be shot as much, or as hard, as most of us use them.  Keep that in mind, and you'll be ok.

Cheers,

FJT

19 hours ago, Last Call Saul said:

I can make a mess of an SKB in less than two years time. Nothing available on the market can withstand the abuse that we put on a gun not even Ruger in it's stock form. 

On 1/27/2022 at 10:53 AM, Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667 said:

Here are the markings on the underside of the barrels.  The word “Huglu” appears; is this the same company as Huglu that makes the CZ shotguns?

9C02E3F7-5119-4583-A97B-DB6825FB5AF9.jpeg

I take it that lettering is under the forearm, and not visible otherwise?

On 1/29/2022 at 11:33 AM, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

I can make a mess of an SKB in less than two years time. Nothing available on the market can withstand the abuse that we put on a gun not even Ruger in it's stock form. 

...Except a well built Browning BSS ;)

Archived