SASS Wire Forum

The mad thread

Dirty Dan Dawkins

Well, today? I drove for an hour and a half to a shooting range here in SoCsl only to find it packed and no available range time so I came home. Took the day off work and spent the day so far on the &@$#*£>¥ freeways dodging idiots, morons and Fu…Prius’s. 

Not gonna let it get me down. 

Anti-gunners

People driving on my rear too close

People taking up the whole aisle at the grocery store

Snowflakes

IRS

Democrats 

I could go on but now I'm getting MAD!!!:angry:

The older I get, darn near everything.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, today? I drove for an hour and a half to a shooting range here in SoCsl only to find it packed and no available range time so I came home. Took the day off work and spent the day so far on the &@$#*£>¥ freeways dodging idiots, morons and Fu…Prius’s. 

Not gonna let it get me down. 

:rolleyes:

Prius

[ pree-uhs ]SHOW IPA

noun, plural Prius, Prii  [pree-ahy]. Trademark.
a brand of hybrid car, one of the first commercially successful, that runs at lower speeds on an electric motor powered by a battery pack, and at higher speeds on a gasoline engine, which can also recharge the battery.

38 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

People

Especially those who are inconsiderate, oblivious to what's going on around them, just plain stupid, or deliberately aggravating.

That seems to be almost everyone I run into. 

The car that pulls up close to mine with his super-woofers maxed out, vibrating everything and everyone in a 100 yard radius.

I also don’t enjoy listening to someone else’s choice of music in restaurants, elevators, waiting rooms, waiting on the phone, etc.  It’s rarely Mozart.

Silence is just fine.

Folks that want to do 50 in a 65 during rush hour traffic.  A bonus if they are in the LEFT (or 'passing') lane. 

If you don't wanna drive that fast, then don't- just pick a route that doesn't make you a rolling roadblock and a wreck waiting for the chance to happen.  Personally, I don't want to be your 'innocent bystander'.

The latest redneck truck trend of having the back bumper of a 4x4 dragging on the ground like the trucks got worms and it's butt is itching while the front looks like it's had a 4" lift kit installed AND they, naturally, are running straight pipes.

Not only does it look stupid and sounds obnoxious but they can't see a 6foot tall man standing in front of their truck when they're parked- much less one of the little hybrids or rice burners while driving down the road.

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

:rolleyes:

Prii? I have another name for them and the majority of drivers that own them and think camping in the fast lane is just fine and dandy. But I will not post it here. ;)

The driver that sits through half of a green light, texting, then makes it through the light-- but nobody else does.  

Trucks that hold up lanes of freeway traffic for five miles, while they slowly pass another truck that is travelling at the speed limit. 

Drivers who race ahead on the right to pass as many cars as possible before their lane ends/merges.   

People who like hearing their extremely loud boom box (or engine revving) at 3 AM in residential areas.  

Clueless, gutless, people who get themselves elected to public office.  

3 hours ago, Bart Slade said:

I had a high school english teacher that would say ( if you told him you were mad)  "Dogs go mad.   People get angry.   You're not a dog are you?"

That guy really ticked me off.

Yeah, I got that a time or two. Someone said that once I was a more educated adult, and I asked, "So you're saying Anthony Wayne was rabid?" After the blank stare and the "Who?" I just laughed and said never mind.

As for me, there isn't a lot that makes me mad... Or angry... Anymore. Drivers who go below the speed limit in the left lane on the highway annoy me. People who want to argue for the sake of arguing annoy me. People who want to take away my rights because of their lack of understanding of facts, law, history and inability to learn or accept them do make me angry when I have to deal with them. People who want to attack my family for any reason make me angry, and likely dangerous. I got out of law so I wouldn't be angry so much, and I have worked to be more peaceful and pleasant minded.

I will say the more I'm around people, the more I like my dogs.

28 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

The driver that sits through half of a green light, texting, then makes it through the light-- but nobody else does.  

Trucks that hold up lanes of freeway traffic for five miles, while they slowly pass another truck that is travelling at the speed limit. 

Drivers who race ahead on the right to pass as many cars as possible before their lane ends/merges.   

People who like hearing their extremely loud boom box (or engine revving) at 3 AM in residential areas.  

Clueless, gutless, people who get themselves elected to public office.  

I drive an hour to work..... Took this picture after about mile 5.

IMG_20211216_174144592.jpg

Most fleet trucks are speed limited between 65 and 68 mph. Add different load weights and trying to climb hills its called an elephant race

1 minute ago, DocWard said:

People who take pictures while driving make me... Oh... Wait... Never mind...:P

I was going so slow though! I woke up from my nap and he was still there!

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Especially those who are inconsiderate, oblivious to what's going on around them, just plain stupid, or deliberately aggravating.

That seems to be almost everyone I run into. 

Hey, Uncle Forty...  How about people not tending to undisciplined youngsters in restaurants...?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Hey, Uncle Forty...  How about people not tending to undisciplined youngsters in restaurants...?  :rolleyes:

........ now you've gone and done it .... :o

I'm digging a foxhole to hide in; .... a really deeeeep foxhole ..... :(

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Hmmmm.  They could fit all four categories, very likely do.

Wellllll..... I was thinking of a particular kid... was it an "Outback" perhaps~?  :)

9 hours ago, DocWard said:

Yeah, I got that a time or two. Someone said that once I was a more educated adult, and I asked, "So you're saying Anthony Wayne was rabid?" After the blank stare and the "Who?" I just laughed and said never mind.

The side story of how Wayne wound up buried in two different places was always a hit with the junior high crowd.

Every time I try calling the tinnitus hotline, it just keeps ringing in my ear! :angry::P

On 1/24/2022 at 4:55 PM, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I met that guy this morning. The left-turn light changed to green, but the idiot three cars in front of me continued to sit there. Finally he moved just before it turned yellow, and one more car made it through before it turned red on the rest of us.

Please, if you have an important phone call or can't find your wallet in your purse pull into a parking lot and do it. Not while driving or waiting at a light.

Archived