SASS Wire Forum

Crooks on the internet

Mad Dane, SASS#5536

Spent some idle time yesterday searching for CCI BR-2 primers. As others have said ,  BEWARE!!  Looked at 6 or 8 websites that claimed to have primers in stock, some at very reasonable prices. All had several red flags in common-minimum amounts of $150 -250 in cart before proceeding to checkout, only take Zelle , Venmo or cash. Thanks to others on the Wire warning me what to look for, I did not try to buy.   Y'all be careful.

They're getting some very impressive websites now too, that look super legit. I even called one, and an Eastern Block accented man answered and sounded like he actually knew what he was talking about. 

Something didn't feel right though, and they did not accept PayPal or CC. 

I also google search any website i've never heard of now too, even on regular purchases. In general, theres few websites that have Hazmat shipping, so usually if I haven't heard of them, I won't buy hazmat stuff from them.

I'll just wait until the sites I've known and used have stock. Grafs, Powder Valley, Natches, Midway... unless I can score some locally.

I'd rather not have to spend the time trying to track down the legitimacy of sites I've never heard of before.

Thanks to all here who have pointed out fake websites. Scammers... get a rope!

Archived