SASS Wire Forum

Uberti Revolvers needed to measure

Rancho Roy

Ronnie Wells over in Houston owns R.W. Grip Frames. He makes custom grip frames for Ruger revolvers. I contacted him about getting 1860 Colt, long Grips for my Uberti 1873 revolvers. At this time he does not offer them as he needs access to a Uberti revolver for measurements.

If someone has a Uberti 1873 revolver that they could spare for a couple weeks....You can send it directly to Ronnie as he is an FFL. He said he would need it for two weeks.

I'd send mine, but I only have two and heading south to shoot in a week or two.

You can contact Ronnie on his web site. His [phone number, email and address is there

https://rwgripframes-com.3dcartstores.com/

This would be a great help to the sport.

Thanks!

Ronnie makes the grip frames and sells them. A VTI Pietta 1860 frame does not fit a Uberti. I tried it. We are not interested in having him fit it. We want frames that fit better than what you might get with a VTI or other frame.

22 minutes ago, Rancho Roy said:

Ronnie makes the grip frames and sells them. A VTI Pietta 1860 frame does not fit a Uberti. I tried it. We are not interested in having him fit it. We want frames that fit better than what you might get with a VTI or other frame.

I bought two 1860 Uberti grip frames from VTI.  They fit not only Uberti 1873s, but Colts as well. The lower pic is Uberti Gunfighter grip frame on a Colt.  The top one is the same grip on a Centennial.

A8B24799-7501-44BB-8969-59DBA8A7910C.JPG.da1735653d7fff8ebc10c854c93fe528.JPG

77BF4B07-4AF8-4DDD-BB80-382FBEE4D0FA.JPG.e2fc0897395d44fdaee3e86d978c2f44.JPG

Best if Ronnie finds someone local to borrow a gun from. That's what I do when I need a gun to make a holster pattern from and don't own one myself. Guns get lost in the mail, or damaged. Are you going to cover that if it happens?

Tex Jones...

"I bought two 1860 Uberti grip frames from VTI.  They fit not only Uberti 1873s, but Colts as well. The lower pic is Uberti Gunfighter grip frame on a Colt.  The top one is the same grip on a Centennial."

I'm going to have to find out if Uberti made 1860 Colt Long Grip.........Thanks fir the heads up.

Yes, Uberti "Army" grips are available with both steel and brass triggerguards, and I think the backstraps are all steel.  If you buy a new set, they will bolt right on to an Uberti but the "ears" of the triggerguard may be a little wide and need thinning for a perfect fit to the frame.  If you pick up an Uberti Army gripframe that has already been fitted to a gun, it will likely be a better fit to the frame.

41 minutes ago, Rancho Roy said:

Tex Jones...

I'm going to have to find out if Uberti made 1860 Colt Long Grip.........Thanks fir the heads up.

No, don't think so.  The Uberti grip frame on my Colts just happen to fit.  I can't say that will work for all Uberti/Colt pairings.  As Abilene said the Uberti 1860 Army grips will fit Ubertis,although some slight fitting may be required.

This is an Armi San Marco frame with a Pieta 1860 grip.   Fits just fine.

1617768473_BigIron.thumb.jpg.a0fd926c058716c494868d05acd67193.jpg

Since your pistol is an Uberti, why not get an Uberti 1860 grip?

Or, do you own an 1860 made by anyone, or know someone who does?   Ask if you can pull the grips off and see if they fit on your revolver. 

Archived