SASS Wire Forum

I have an idea

Utah Bob #35998

How about when someone posts something  about a pro sports game on tv or whatever, we keep it to a discussion about that.

And when someone posts an opinion about not supporting pro sports and athletes because of their actions we keep it to that. 

Just a suggestion because I’m getting weary of the back and forth arguments. I’m reluctant to try to start a thread about a great game I just saw, and want to discuss with other fans, because it will inevitably turn into an increasingly heated debate that threatens to deteriorate into an old Political Fire Donnybrook.

I like sports. I don’t think watching them means I support of ant political causes or make me less of an American than anyone. I will no longer participate in these “discussions” I ‘m just here for a good time and some amusement not to raise my blood pressure. 
And I hope to God this post doesn’t spark another brouhaha. 

And after reading this I realize iI’m not really capable of expressing myself the way I wanted.:(

So I bid you all adieu. Have a nice evening.

28 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

How about when someone posts something  about a pro sports game on tv or whatever, we keep it to a discussion about that.

And when someone posts an opinion about not supporting pro sports and athletes because of their actions we keep it to that. 

Just a suggestion because I’m getting weary of the back and forth arguments. I’m reluctant to try to start a thread about a great game I just saw, and want to discuss with other fans, because it will inevitably turn into an increasingly heated debate that threatens to deteriorate into an old Political Fire Donnybrook.

I like sports. I don’t think watching them means I support of ant political causes or make me less of an American than anyone. I will no longer participate in these “discussions” I ‘m just here for a good time and some amusement not to raise my blood pressure. 
And I hope to God this post doesn’t spark another brouhaha. 

And after reading this I realize iI’m not really capable of expressing myself the way I wanted.:(

So I bid you all adieu. Have a nice evening.

Excellent idea

Bob, Bob, Bob it is called thread mutation.  Just like Covid, threads mutate constantly, inexorably, it is part of the circle of life.  Hakuna Matata.  I forgot the topic.

Great idea, UB!!

I will certainly try!

See ya’ tomorrow!!

7 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I can agree to that.   No point in hijacking someone's positive post with negativity.  

Or someone's negative post with positivity :lol::P 

54 minutes ago, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

If you watched that game, you are a left handed monkey loving political fruitloop.  LMAO.

Well I watched the game and I’m a right handed monkey hating political steak eating conservative! :D

Monkeys are filthy animals, a friend of mine had one years ago, that thing used to fling it's poop all over the place, he would pee on his hand and then lick it. They're disgusting animals.

Im a right handed monkey hater and proud of it!!:D

Threads naturally drift and mutate if they have an interesting subject matter, but there's a difference between a conversational drift and tossing bombs from the sidelines. In sports, it's those who want to make a political complaint about the league, or the player, or the world. In movies, it's those who want to make sure we know that one actor or another has bad politics. Never anything to do with the game or the flick, and so it',s more than just natural meandering of the subject. 

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

In sports, it's those who want to make a political complaint about the league, or the player, or the world. In movies, it's those who want to make sure we know that one actor or another has bad politics. Never anything to do with the game or the flick, and so it',s more than just natural meandering of the subject. 

Sometimes there might be a certain figure, (sports player, actor, etc.) who is of a different mindset than we would otherwise think. Off hand, most of us thought we knew where Sam Elliot stood politically until somebody here brought it to our attention that he was shilling for Biden this last time around. 

Similarly, we might not have known about Keanu Reeves "infamous" good deeds until a recent thread.  

Snip-it_1643065457586.thumb.jpg.9ad060831664ef616b3c5b455608ae4e.jpg

6 hours ago, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

If you watched that game, you are a left handed monkey loving political fruitloop.  LMAO.

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Well I watched the game and I’m a right handed monkey hating political steak eating conservative! :D

5 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Why would anyone love a left handed monkey?

4 hours ago, Bart Slade said:

What's not to love about a left handed monkey?

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Monkeys are filthy animals, a friend of mine had one years ago, that thing used to fling it's poop all over the place, he would pee on his hand and then lick it. They're disgusting animals.

Im a right handed monkey hater and proud of it!!:D

2 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Sometimes there might be a certain figure, (sports player, actor, etc.) who is of a different mindset than we would otherwise think. Off hand, most of us thought we knew where Sam Elliot stood politically until somebody here brought it to our attention that he was shilling for Biden this last time around. 

But-- that's the point.

22 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Bob, Bob, Bob it is called thread mutation.  Just like Covid, threads mutate constantly, inexorably, it is part of the circle of life.  Hakuna Matata.  I forgot the topic.

Squirrel!

Archived