SASS Wire Forum

Endurance Match

Bailey Creek,5759

Seems a bit light on shotgun.

Joke aside, I don't think I am ready for this event, but am curious how many spare firearms or such might typically be needed to be able to stay the full course. Assuming my shoulder held up.

Keep thinking I'll sign up as a Frontiersman... but I haven't found a sponsor for the caps needed!!!

8 hours ago, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

Oh I thought from the title this was going to be about Wild Bunch shooting, my bad. 

Yea, more shooting, more sport, more fun? Who wants that kind of pain? I'd rather flick my wrists and change guns faster in a 10, 10, 4 sequence.

If I could take that much time off, I would be all over that (though I would be crawling through stages by the end) :) 

Will Ibuprofen be provided? :D

Ok, here's how T Bone explained it to me, also the score sheet will help.  First three days is 12 stages each.  First day is Rifle/Shotgun, 12 stages.  Second day is Pistol/Shotgun, for 12 stages.  Third day is Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun.  

The UIC (Ultimate Iron Cowboy) continues on.  Day four is shooting all four practice match stages.  Day five is four stages of Wild Bunch and four stages of PCC.  You must also shoot one side match stage for fastest time.

Day six-eight is shooting the main match.  First category will be Ultimate Iron Man for a total of four stages per day.  You must also shoot a second main match category for four stages per day.  Total of eight stages per day for the three day main match, 24 stages total for the main match days.

Total of 73 stages

1568011696_2022CaCIronmanCowboySchedule.thumb.jpg.1427c342f4b997ca2562d0111be9fd33.jpg

And yes both myself and wife are shooting the UIC.

Cardboard Cowboy & Foxy Filly

I Understand that, but Ironman Cowboy is the question. We shoot 12 stages a day for the first three days. Then what?

Can we still shoot one or two other categories during main match days or are we finished and do nothing for four days?

That's what needs clarification.

3 hours ago, Nichols Creek, SASS #77627 said:

How many do you need?

Too many.  I'm still waiting for my order to drop ship...  'Sides, I'd probably drop from exhaustion on the second day!  (I don't have the PPC equipment needed).  That's really my only good excuse... ;)   I was exhausted last year shooting two C&B categories... shooting all three waves each of the last two days...  Why I might have to clean my guns each day!!!:o

7 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Isn't that just a main match rifle?

Too many terms and vagueness in the description.

We need a "Day 1.  Shoot this many stages using these guns"

Day 2.  etc.

No.  Not cowboy at all.  Most use an AR style rifle, but some use the Ruger PCC.  Nearly everyone shoots 9mm.  Only the one gun needed.  It is FUN!

5 hours ago, Griff said:

Too many.  I'm still waiting for my order to drop ship...  'Sides, I'd probably drop from exhaustion on the second day!  (I don't have the PPC equipment needed).  That's really my only good excuse... ;)   I was exhausted last year shooting two C&B categories... shooting all three waves each of the last two days...  Why I might have to clean my guns each day!!!:o

I'm sure TBone has a PCC you could use. 

As far as percussion caps, if you need some, I've got ya covered.  Just let me know what you need. 

If I have this right.

Iron Cowboy only. We shoot 12 stages a day for days 1-3 for 36  total and two main match categories during the main match for an additional 24 stages. 8 stages a day for three days. Wild bunch or PCC optional of not in the ultimate category.

For ultimate  iron cowboy 12 stages a day for days 1-3 and you add Wild bunch on day 4  morning and pcc on day 4 afternoon, and day 5-7, two categories during the main match, 8 stages a day for three days, two different categories.

On Day 1, you need these guns and shoot this many stages
On Day 2, you need these guns and shoot this many stages

On Day 3. you need these guns and shoot this many stages.

Etc...

Somebody fill in the guns needed EACH DAY (Be specific, no abbreviations or assumptions that people know what you mean when you say "Pistol/Rifle/shotgun") how many stages are done, along with an approximate round count.

Day 1  Rifle/ Shotgun. 12 stages 120 rifle 48 +-  shotgun

Day 2 Pistols/ Shotgun 12 stages 120 pistol 48+- Shotgun

Day 3 rifle/ pistol/ shotgun 12 stages 120 pistol,120 rifle, 48+- shotgun

4 practice stages. 40 pistol/ 40 rifle/ 16+- shotgun

WB?

PCC ?

Main  match 3 days, 24 stages, 240 pistol, 240 rifle, 96 +- shotgun based on 10/10/4+

Unofficial, but best guess. Plenty plus more equals enough.

11 hours ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

Day 1  Rifle/ Shotgun. 12 stages 120 rifle 48 +-  shotgun

(Main Match rifle pistol?)

Day 2 Pistols/ Shotgun 12 stages 120 pistol 48+- Shotgun

(Main Match pistol shotgun?)

Day 3 rifle/ pistol/ shotgun 12 stages 120 pistol,120 rifle, 48+- shotgun

'

(Main Match Rifle/Pistol Shotgun?)

4 practice stages. 40 pistol/ 40 rifle/ 16+- shotgun

(Again, Main Match type guns?  Day?)

WB?

(Day?  1911, 97, Main Match type rifle?)

PCC ?

So, officially, what is a Pistol Caliber Carbine?   It was stated earlier that it is not a Main Match rifle.   So what is it?   What Day?  How many stages/rounds?  Do you need a pistol with it?

Main  match 3 days, 24 stages, 240 pistol, 240 rifle, 96 +- shotgun based on 10/10/4+

Unofficial, but best guess. Plenty plus more equals enough.

Well that makes sense.

But there's still some unclearness.   For this much shooting, I want EVERYTHING described in exact detail.

Also, I got the impression that certain side matches need to be shot.   Which ones?

But a big thanks to Fox for making the attempt to at least start the clarification rolling.  :)

OK what I am seeing is:

Sep 17th: 12 stages of Cowboy rifle & shotgun.

Sep 18th: 12 stages of Cowboy pistols & shotgun.

Sep 19th: 12 stages of Cowboy rifle & pistol & shotgun.

Sep 20th: 4 practice stages of Cowboy rifle & pistol & shotgun.

Sep 21st: 4 stages Wild Bunch (1911 & SG(97 or 12) & lever rifle.

4 stages Pistol Caliber Carbine ( Think Evil Black Gun, semi auto usually in 9mm)

1 Cowboy speed match. Either rifle or pistol or shotgun.

Sep 22nd 8 stages of Cowboy (2 categories - 4 stages per).

Sep 23rd 8 stages of Cowboy (2 categories - 4 stages per).

Sep 24th 8 stages of Cowboy (2 categories - 4 stages per).

Archived