SASS Wire Forum

Really long range shooting: 3699 yards

Chantry

4 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

That's that thing she put on the front of the scope and more importantly is it SASS legal?

Charlie Terac

• The Charlie TARAC is a periscope that optically shifts your target image higher so you aim higher to compensate for bullet drop.  The result is an optical, not mechanical, elevation gain to shoot beyond your scope’s travel.

• Targets that exceed your scope’s travel, return to zero, deploy the Charlie, and dial the difference.  For example, if you max your scope at 30 mils, but your target requires 44, return to zero, add the Charlie TARAC calibrated at (say) 30 mils, and dial the remaining 14 mils (30 + 14 = 44 mils).

The moving subtitles are obnoxious and distracting.

The shooting skill is remarkable.  Too bad the folks making the video weren’t as skillful as she.

Definitely some specialized equipment. 
I was hoping they would talk about that equipment with a little detail but they just posted a “thank you” list at the end. 
I couldn’t make out what round she was firing. 

E523FD56-19AC-4603-B174-FA814D3E5576.thumb.png.a985cb84e67e88db0fc0444e9ee47f49.png

I found some info below the video when I started poking around but couldn’t copy and paste so I screenshotted it…if that’s a word. 

I have never heard of this round. 

5C37360F-05C6-458B-94E3-7FB1E960D272.thumb.png.80c4a35dfed954dc1e5257b1eb98349f.png

A little info on the round she was firing. 
https://guns.fandom.com/wiki/.375_CheyTac

I think all that is impressive but definitely not for me. 

The 375 is the smallest caliber we allow in KO2M.  Most shoot something over .400 diameter. On a good day I can get my 3500yd. 5" square steel target with my 50BMG bench rifle after a few "sighters". While the CT cartridge is used by some the CT rifles just don't have what it takes. All barrels are custom, over 34" long minimum. Everyone at KO2M shoots Cutting edge bullets, usually, .408,.412, .416, or .460. an occasional .50.  The charlie was originally made in a SMALL shop specially for some socom sniper teams. It has been available to the public for 3 years. 

1 hour ago, Happy Jack, SASS #20451 said:

The 375 is the smallest caliber we allow in KO2M.  Most shoot something over .400 diameter. On a good day I can get my 3500yd. 5" square steel target with my 50BMG bench rifle after a few "sighters". While the CT cartridge is used by some the CT rifles just don't have what it takes. All barrels are custom, over 34" long minimum. Everyone at KO2M shoots Cutting edge bullets, usually, .408,.412, .416, or .460. an occasional .50.  The charlie was originally made in a SMALL shop specially for some socom sniper teams. It has been available to the public for 3 years. 

Idle curiosity, what is the price range on these rifles?  

8 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Idle curiosity, what is the price range on these rifles?  

$8,000+ for the rifle depending on options link: https://www.jjrockco.com/jjr-375

I'm too lazy to do the research, but I'd guess she has at least $15,000 invested in her equipment.

Pretty sure the only things I could easily afford are her ear muffs and Frankford Arsenal stuff

6 minutes ago, Chantry said:

$8,000+ for the rifle depending on options

4 minutes ago, Happy Jack, SASS #20451 said:

Rifle cost:  $7500-9500.     Scope usually Nightforce  $3500

Less than I had expected.  Especially the optics.

Thanks.

Archived