SASS Wire Forum

Removing Saddle ring on Uberti carbine

Don Coyote, SASS #63736

We have an Uberti saddle ring carbine as a great backup rifle. I'm curious about how to remove the ring loop so that the rifle can be staged flat as is required. Particularly,

what to fill the holes in the frame with. Any suggestions?

DC

You are not required to remove the saddle ring per SASS SHB unless you want to.  I have it on mine and no problem.  CK  :)

Yo Don   that   saddle ring is ok. Got it on a couple  of  mine.  Never have had a problem lying flat

I am currently putting the saddle ring BACK on my Uberti 66 that a previous owner removed.   I stage them loading gate down, since I shoot left handed, but I see plenty of pards laying them ring side down, and nobody complains or says there's a problem.

That being said, take off the stock.  You'll see a nut holding the ring in place.   Good luck getting in there to loosen it without lots of dexterity and right sized tools.  

A SRC just ain't a SRC without the SR! :D

I shoot a SRC on occasion and the SR doesn't pose enough issue to go through the hassle of removing it.

I just put one on one of my Rifles .

On 1/22/2022 at 3:32 PM, BLACKFOOT SASS #11947 said:

Saddle ring is fine, just can't stage the rifle with it proped up on the ring.  

Blackfoot:)

This is how I have heard the rule is to be enforced and how I have seen it implemented. But I must be missing the exception written in the SHB. For my own education a little direction would be appreciated. 
Thanks in advance 

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

There is no written exception.

Here is a related Wire thread from 2012 that covers the question.

No need to go over this again.

(ignore the extraneous chatter)

Archived