SASS Wire Forum

Gun Cart Design

Buckshot Bear

2 hours ago, Nostrum Damus SASS #110702 said:

Not in my living room.  But yes, of course, the rack holds the long guns with actions open when in actual use.  The shotgun just breaks open and is held that way, and there's enough room (intentionally, by design) for the levers to be in their open position without hitting the back of the storage chest.

Like others, I too am always looking at the cart to make improvements. I realize that the picture I posted is not its most current configuration.  I'll post another photo later today.

Ok thanks , being new I wasn't 100% sure if it had to be open. Looking forward to see the updated pics. 

So here is the cart with a pair of cheap holsters added, and the lower end of the rifle rest improved over a foam slab with oval cutouts.  You can see that the chest just sits in its space, no hardware whatsoever needed for assembly and disassembly.  The shelf/rest is inclined to the rear, and is held on the two cross-tubes by two pairs of coat hooks with openings just a bit larger than the tubes.  Again, no hardware, no tools.

20220123_114214.jpg

Archived