SASS Wire Forum

Any announcement on primers?

El Catorce

I remember reading on a post here about a rumor that Federal was going to have a big announcement at shot show that possibly included good news about primers …. just a rumor? 

Maybe just wishful thinking?

I think the last thing I saw was price increases and more shortages….   
It’d be nice to think the big announcement would be positive, but I’m not holding my breath.  

And when primers finally DO return and at reasonable prices,  how many will reloaders hoard this time around? :o

52 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

And when primers finally DO return and at reasonable prices,  how many will reloaders hoard this time around? :o

Yup… I sure hope places keep limits for a while and only increase from 1k to 5k( 1 case)…. Maybe allow for a few more people to purchase. things are looking interesting with that primer plant opening up in Texas however they are also an ammo producer so I suspect they’re looking to supply their own manufacturing… we reloaders might well still be an afterthought and secondary market for them. 

Just read an article that a company is putting in another ammo plant outside Texarkana this will be focusing primarily on making primers. It wasn’t one of the regular names. I’ll have to see if I can find the article again. 

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

I can see myself keeping at least 10k of each size I use.

Only those that feel their current lifetime supplies they have now aren’t enough!

I hoarded last time , I plan to up my hoarding after this current experience 

4 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

All I can.*

*Within reason of storage along with all the powder and lead I can stock up on. 

Oh, and Poptarts. :D

Archived