SASS Wire Forum

Road Sign Improvement

Subdeacon Joe

From the Hwy 49 Adventures Facebook group

Huge shout out to Sierra County Board of Supervisor, Lee Adams, for his suggestion of new signage aong Hwy 49 during winter blizzard events causing highway closures.   

His recommendation, as reported in the Mountain Messenger is, 

"Keep Driving and Join the Donner Party".

We <3 it, make it happen, sir!  

Here is another couple of sign suggestions:

"Keep Driving and We'll Find You Next Spring" along with this gem, "Stupid is, as Stupid Does".   

On a serious note, if I-80 is closed, than more than likely Hwy 49 is closed as well and trying to get over the Yuba Pass in a blizzard is about as smart as placing your tongue on a metal flag pole in sub freezing temps.  JUST DON'T DO IT!

FB_IMG_1642621011068.thumb.jpg.d93d892873a2ec8a42b000483981a5b4.jpg

15 minutes ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

on the freeway  north of san diego 

running mexicans.jpg

I think those started showing up in the late '60s.  A few miles ahead of the Boarder Patrol check station on I-5.

One if our friends, a 6th or 7th generation Californio about seven years older than me kept trying to get them to stop him for immigration check.  Never happened.

7 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

"Keep Driving and Join the Donner Party".

We <3 it, make it happen, sir!  

What does <3 mean? Is that a two scoop ice cream cone? A butt with a dunce hat?

8 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Signs, Signs, Every where Signs..........

60878424-sydney-australia-april-2016-collection-of-strange-signs-exhibiting-at-the-signspotting-area-south-of.jpg

Is that a sign convention or did some civic employees get drunk at a planning committee?

Then there was this DUMB @$$ that the news tried to make into a hero when it was his stupidity of trying go around winter road closures that got him and his family into danger to start with.

Family Rescued After Being Lost in Snow for a Week : Storm: Soldier walks for help after leaving his wife and baby in a cave. All three are in good condition.

Pat , i was thinking the same thing - "Signs, Signs, Every where Signs.........."

and all i kept coming back to was "thank you God for thinkin about me , im alive and doin fine " 

13 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Is that a sign convention or did some civic employees get drunk at a planning committee?

In my case, it wasn't so much the staff, it was the Citizen Advisory Groups that would create these sort of monsters and elected Councilors who chaired the meetings and went along with them. 

1 minute ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

In my case, it wasn't so much the staff, it was the Citizen Advisory Groups that would create these sort of monsters and elected Councilors who chaired the meetings and went along with them. 

:lol: I laugh because I know exactly what you mean. :lol:

Been there…done that…I have aspirin. ;)

Certainly, why would you take the recommendation of specially trained professional staff over a shrill Karen or Ken with a half baked, cock-eyed idea or an axe to grind !

I made myself unpopular in a couple of circles, but I had become fire-proof for a number of reasons LOL

Archived