SASS Wire Forum

Need Help, speedloader selection

El CupAJoe

Hey all,

I usually carry my Charter Arms Pro V reloads using zeta six strips

image.png.a0129407d7e570f1a29ab793a7a6e3a9.pngimage.png.2224aa258e53ee2cdb39c925e1b54440.png

I can pack 12 rounds very compactly, and can load 3, 2 or 1 at at time if I'm topping off.  but being cold weather right now, it'd prefer to have a proper speed loader.  unfortunately, being that the ProV only came out a couple years ago, I can't find it on any of the speedloader fit charts.  the center to center of opposing primer distance is 25 mm.  if you guys with DA revolvers could check that measurement on your 6 shot 38/.357 DA revolvers and let me know if there are any matches it'll give me a starting for selecting a speedloader.  Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, Long Fingers, SASS#56813 said:

Looks like my S&W 586&686 measures 25mm.   I would go with the safariland comp2 loaders over the HKS. Comps 2 are push and play, no knob to twist like on the HKS. 

LF

I'm partial to compii's myself.  didn't see the need for extra steps and wiggling.

On 1/19/2022 at 10:40 AM, Long Fingers, SASS#56813 said:

Looks like my S&W 586&686 measures 25mm.   I would go with the safariland comp2 loaders over the HKS. Comps 2 are push and play, no knob to twist like on the HKS. 

LF

my .357 L-Frame Comp II's came in the mail today and they work perfectly even with the factory grips!  that's one advantage of the larger frame revolvers over the J-frames, they usually have better grip clearance for speedloaders in my opinion.

Archived