SASS Wire Forum

Lee 38-105 swc bullet mold

Big Timber SASS #19724Life

Have any of you bullet casters used this bullet in a 38  spl case in your 73 rifle ?

How does it feed ?

Who makes a 38-105 TC mold ?

I can't seem to find a mfg

Great in pistols as I've used them for many years. Cast, tumble lube, load and shoot. No need to size in any of my 38'. Won't work well in rifle like Dave said.

Lee 38-105 swc will not work in rifle, but does work really well in revolver.  A few years back someone on the SASS wire got together a custom mold order for a Lee 38-105 TC six cavity mold and I got one.  I wish I had bought two, anyway it's basically the same 105 TC bullet shape the commercial casters use.  It works great in the rifle.

I am very happy with the Lee 6 cavity 125 RNFP for all my cowboy loads.  I don't want 2 different loads to load or sort thru.  Not good enough to tell the difference that 15 grains bullet weight would make.   piece of mind, try to keep it simple       GW

Thanks to all who replyed. Looking at the picts on the Lee web sight I couldn't tell how sharp the shoulder was . I kind of thougt it wouldn't work .

Thanks for confirming that

15 hours ago, G W Wade said:

I am very happy with the Lee 6 cavity 125 RNFP for all my cowboy loads.  I don't want 2 different loads to load or sort thru.  Not good enough to tell the difference that 15 grains bullet weight would make.   piece of mind, try to keep it simple       GW

I have also used this mold with good results. Either 38 or 357 brass runs through my '73 like corn through a goose.

Lucky 

Archived