SASS Wire Forum

Who still has a VCR?

I still have one but gave most of my VHS tapes away. I kept a few. I never play the darn thing though!

Heck I still had an RCA CED Video Disc player up until I finally tossed it a while back.  The discs and tapes deteriorate so it is a losing proposition to keep them.  Still fondly remember my Eight Track player in my car.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.c2b19dd9f6e63df999b16d818032e122.jpg

Yup, still got one here with a ton of kids movies.

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I still have one but gave most of my VHS tapes away. I kept a few. I never play the darn thing though!

I have a few tapes but nothing to play them on.  My SIL will pick them up and put them on aDVD for me.

Not the same thing , but in the same vein , I still have a bunch of cassette tapes , and a player. Do have a couple of tapes that need repair , they are loose on one end.

Would like to get them repaired if that is possible. I listen to them in my reloading/gun cleaning shop. Good stuff (to me) Gene Autry , Tex Ritter , Bob Wills, yeah , some pretty old stuff.

Rex :D

Got a DVD VCR combo. It’s hooked up to a new smart TV in the bedroom.  I have some old recordings of drag races from thirty years ago and a few Christmas movies that I pull out now and then.

I own two:  VHS and Beta HiFi.
Both are in mothballs, along with my Akai 760D cassette deck.

I have a number of BHF tapes I have never moved to digital, so I keep the players.
Both are in excellent shape and fully functional.

still have one but not used in years - waiting on the wife to clear the recycle plan for it , there are a few items on that list - big house that two of us use a few rooms in , the rest just sit there NOT EMPTY 

I sstill have a Sony VHS tape player,  I have a lot of VHS tapes, some of which I consider irreplacable.  My LG Oled TV still as an input for for the tape player.  I've notices newer TVs for the most part don't have the necessary input, so I guess I'll have to hold onto this TV too.

I still have some dial telephones hooked up in my house too.

We still do. What I need is a 8mm video playback deck. We have dozens of tapes from our motorcycle trips and the camere crapped out, so no way to watch them now. The price on flea bay are obsurd!

I still have a VHS player and some tapes, but I haven't watched any of them in over a decade. Nearly everything I had on VHS (even recordings) is now available on YouTube or DVD. I also have a dual cassette deck that hasn't seen any use either, along with a bunch of old cassettes. One of these days I'm just going to have to let them go and make some more room around the house.

Archived