SASS Wire Forum

SASS Colts

Diego Kid #4631

Interesting pair.  The description indicates that there was an action job done on both.  The second pistol seems to have an elongated opening where the firing pin enters the frame (slide 60 ).  Hard to tell if the opening was relieved so firing pin could clear the frame, and it might have been done at the factory as the case hardening doesn't appear to have been touched. 

I always wanted one of those SASS Colts.   When I finally saved up enough money for one, I was gonna get it with some engraving and a letter so it would be C&R eligible.   

But Colt said they wouldn't ship it to a C&R in Massachusetts.  :(

So I didn't get one.   Not too long after that, the program ended.

3 hours ago, Pluto11 said:

You snoozed, You could have had your LGS purchase it and then transfer to you.

No go.   The SAA is deemed to be an unsafe design by Massachusetts.  You can't buy one here.   But C&R guns are supposed to be exempt from those rules if you have a C&R License.   But some dealers don't care and just won't do it anyway.  

1 hour ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

how did you or do you do a members number search?

my thanks

Hit the magnifying glass in the search bar up top, that takes you to Advanced Search, click 'Members' tab.  Viola'.

https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/search/

On 1/18/2022 at 7:25 PM, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

No go.   The SAA is deemed to be an unsafe design by Massachusetts.  You can't buy one here.   But C&R guns are supposed to be exempt from those rules if you have a C&R License.   But some dealers don't care and just won't do it anyway.  

Ahhh now I really understand you wanting a Sheriff’s model!

Archived