SASS Wire Forum

Safe Laws in your State (USA)

Buckshot Bear

In mine…. We have a legislature and Governor who are liberal idiots,

https://coloradosun.com/2021/04/19/new-gun-control-laws-colorado/ 

By law, here in Alabama, you could store them on your front porch if you wanted to.  However, Alabama is known as "tort hell", and juries are well known for awarding stupid money to stupid people, so civil liability makes it prudent to at least try to secure them.  I own two safes and a handgun lock box.  

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Note that Loophole and I are in neighboring states and have wildly different attitudes though folks from Mass move up here because of freedoms and try to convert things.

Southerners go through the same thing.

Yankees and Left Coasters move down South to get away from the craziness where they are from- and immediately want to remake where they are now into where they just left.

If where you left was so great, then why did you leave?  If you liked it so much, why not move back and quit trying to ruin my life, too.

None that I know of here.  In fact a woman can carry a pistol in a purse without a conceal carry permit.  And don’t say it……..no self respecting man in Mississippi would carry a purse :ph34r:, but I guess it would apply to them too. 

None here of which I am aware.

But, using one is prudent for many reasons.

6 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

Don't know and don't care. Let's just say I have ready to fire firearms with 10 feet in any room of the house.

For a number of reasons, I don't think I would be sharing that much personal info. 

No law in Indiana that I am aware of but I (we, my kids and I) keep all ours in safes. My wife wanted me to buy Kaya a cute little ten gun unit. I was choking and laughing at the same time. I didn't know how to tell her how foolish that was. LOL. She got the 25. She can buy another when she moves out.

2 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

For a number of reasons, I don't think I would be sharing that much personal info. 

A gun locked up in a safe isn't worth spit when someone is kicking down your door.

1 hour ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

A gun locked up in a safe isn't worth spit when someone is kicking down your door.

I never said they were ALL in there. 

In WA guns have to be secured, but the law is so vague it can mean pretty much anything. Technically as long as you lock the door to your house when you leave it doesn't matter if they're all lying on the living room floor. However if a child or criminal gets ahold of one and the state decides it wasn't adequately secured you're the one facing a jail sentence and fine.

Archived