SASS Wire Forum

Old Henry

Buckshot Bob

On 1/17/2022 at 6:19 AM, Alpo said:

I don't understand "the big reveal".

In the trailer they say his name is Henry McCarty. Am I the only one that knew that that was Billy the Kid's real name? Or least wise, one of the names he used.

Don't nobody read history anymore?

No. Not  average moviegoer today.

In fact I won Jeopardy last night because none of the eggheads know who was raised by coyotes, rode a tornado and was nicknamed after a Texas River. They didn’t even hazard a guess.

I saw the trailer and thought it was going to be great. Watched it and it was just fair. Definitely worth watching though. On another note, just got word Kevin Costner is making his dream movie called Horizon. Epic western, director, producer, staring. CAN NOT WAIT!!! Starts filming this summer. 

I'm just glad that good Westerns are being made. They don't have to be great, or blockbusters. Most Westerns down the decades, at least those that have lasted, are good. Only a few are great.

Old Henry qualifies as a good Western. The shootout scene is very good.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, but then again I am a sucker for a western.

Everyone else I recommended it to liked it very much as well.

Solid entertainment and worked very well to fill an evening at the hunting cabin.

The typical movie goer has no idea who Henry McCarty is, however just about everyone knows Billy the kid.

I'll have to find it in DVD so Red, Rooster and I can watch it overnight at the range. Just have to bring in a flat screen and a DVD player.

The boardwalk is in, the signs are up on all the buildings, we have a generator to run things, wood stove, propane stove and cook-top, a propane frig, choice between lanterns and electric lights and a sleeping loft.

The Square Circle Ranch and town is coming along nicely, thanks to Red Storm, Regulator and Rooster Corrigan, Regulator.

steps2 with rails and landing showing boardwalk May 17 2021.JPG

Square Circle HoHoHoDSCN3436.JPG

Did anyone get a good look at the double action revolver that the head bad guy was using? I didn’t and I was wondering what it was!

On 2/21/2022 at 9:48 PM, Buckshot Bob said:

It’s on showtime right now for anyone who subscribes . I enjoyed the second go around 

Was able to catch it on showtime last week.

Good movie.

But the name Henry McCarty gave it away pretty quick.

29 minutes ago, czhen said:

and his Winchester rifle looked just right out of the box.

I saw a still from the movie, where he is holding a Winchester 94 angle eject with a crossbolt safety and an Uncle Mike's quick detachable swivel base on the magazine tube.

attachment.jpg.8d48cfb5755bd03e97c66ebe8498b3ba.jpg

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

I saw a still from the movie, where he is holding a Winchester 94 angle eject with a crossbolt safety and an Uncle Mike's quick detachable swivel base on the magazine tube.

attachment.jpg.8d48cfb5755bd03e97c66ebe8498b3ba.jpg

The angle eject was the first thing I noticed. But I can forgive that because they actually showed them having to reload. I thought they did a pretty good job with the gunfight scenes 

I was thinking that the ‘94 was pretty close to period correct. I WAS kind of surprised to see it the first time he levered it, but a quick bit of math and it made sense.

Archived