SASS Wire Forum

I couldn't help it, I did it

Trigger Mike

I mentioned the line from Joe kidd, " I keep you around for cold nights and days when there is nothing to do,  not to hear you talk ".  I warned my wife how much I like it and planned to use it.  I thought if I warned her first it would go over better in the spirit it was intended.   

She has a habit of getting on a horse about something and getting louder as she goes.  As we rode home from church her horse was how much we spend trying to farm, and how she didn't want me to buy cows.  She didn't want all the tractors we have and planting we do.  My son makes a few dollars a year planting red potatoes and selling them to stores and restaurants.   

Finally as she got louder, I finally decided to quote that line.  My son was surprised .  She stopped the crescendo of a horse she was on.  It seemed awful funny to me.   I laughed. 

Oddly though, it keeps getting mentioned by her hours later, even though I told her I planned on saying it for fun the next time she got mad.  

Wonder if I should not have warned her first or not.  Hmm.  

She didn't punch you anyway? :D

3 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I think she still lives me, just once in a while says, "I would say something but I'm not supposed to".  She let's me hug her though and it's hard to kill a man hugging you.  

Even harder to kill one doing the dishes or laundry.

I always use the line from "Titanic" when the sailor told the lady in the life boat:  "Shut that hole in your face".

I have come to the obvious that it ONLY works if your wife is deaf.

:ph34r:

..........Widder

3 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I always use the line from "Titanic" when the sailor told the lady in the life boat:  "Shut that hole in your face".

I have come to the obvious that it ONLY works if your wife is deaf.

:ph34r:

..........Widder

That's a line only to be used if the dog house is big enough and has a bed.  :wacko:

I used to tell my wife that if you see a wood chipper in the driveway you better be nervous.  One time she countered me with “you know that they’ll know you rented a wood chipper and they can also trace your DNA”.  That’s when I scared her and told her “ I’m just going to steal the wood chipper, chip it into a bayou, and leave it”. She realized that I thought it through. 

1 hour ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I used to tell my wife that if you see a wood chipper in the driveway you better be nervous.  One time she countered me with “you know that they’ll know you rented a wood chipper and they can also trace your DNA”.  That’s when I scared her and told her “ I’m just going to steal the wood chipper, chip it into a bayou, and leave it”. She realized that I thought it through. 

Catfish pond with a dock followed by a fire due to a 'fuel leak' works, too.:rolleyes:

Hog farms are still a good choice, too.

16 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I think she still lives me, just once in a while says, "I would say something but I'm not supposed to".  She let's me hug her though and it's hard to kill a man hugging you.  

Umm, a knife will go right under those ribs...

Archived