SASS Wire Forum

I am done with the threads regarding politics, news and all the latest bull…

Pat Riot

I have had enough. This is the Saloon. Not Faceplant, not Twit-ter, not any number of online crap holes. 

I will no longer bother with threads that aren’t Saloon worthy any longer. 

Now, Bottles! Line em up for me and anyone else who’s tired of the outside world making it’s way in here. 

Cheers! ;)

2 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

I hear you there  I shoot and build cars for a distraction , Supported my local owned Gun Store today by buying 3 .here have a shot of the small batch Blackberry Whiskey , thats on my tab tonight .

Needs an Oxford comma.   ))))

6 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

I hear you there  I shoot and build cars for a distraction , Supported my local owned Gun Store today by buying 3 .here have a shot of the small batch Blackberry Whiskey , thats on my tab tonight .

Roosters?

kR

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have had enough. This is the Saloon. Not Faceplant, not Twit-ter, not any number of online crap holes. 

Now, Bottles! Line em up for me and anyone else who’s tired of the outside world making it’s way in here. 

Cheers! ;)

A little testy today huh??:P

5 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

image.jpeg.f2b158d4e96effd7e611c9e66fba4ef7.jpeg

I am not leaving, meathead, I am just participating in the blood pressure enhancement any more. ;) :D

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

A little testy today huh??:P

Nope, just sick of the news, the idiots in the news and the morons in government somehow making their way into every aspect of life. I choose to not participate here. That’s all. 

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I am not leaving, meathead, I am just participating in the blood pressure enhancement any more. ;) :D

But we'll miss your point of view!! I almost always agree with you!! C'mon!!!

I try to avoid the political and current events type threads myself. I can find it frustrating that there's always at least one person that can, and will, turn anything into a political thread, given the opportunity. I try to ignore them as well, along with people who are generally negative. Life is too short.

Now, I'll have coffee, if you don't mind.

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Personal insults. That’s your idea of ‘Saloon-worthy’? Nice. 

I manage to avoid threads that I don’t want to read by not opening them. You could try that instead of ranting about what you consider Saloon-worthy’. 

5 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

I manage to avoid threads that I don’t want to read by not opening them. You could try that instead of ranting about what you consider Saloon-worthy’. 

I meant it as a joke, but if you want to make it personal with innuendo type insults that could be fun too. 

Besides, you started it with that smart-arsed meme photo. 

12 minutes ago, DocWard said:

I try to avoid the political and current events type threads myself. I can find it frustrating that there's always at least one person that can, and will, turn anything into a political thread, given the opportunity. I try to ignore them as well, along with people who are generally negative. Life is too short.

Now, I'll have coffee, if you don't mind.

The fact is most even here would not like my true opinion on things , Lets just say after 17 years 8 in combat just a highly disgruntled Vet . Coffee Now  anytime , Just got a bag of Mesquite roasted coffee I have not tried yet so off to make some .

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Cheers! ;)

You still here? Nice to see you, this round's on me. 

4 minutes ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

The fact is most even here would not like my true opinion on things , Lets just say after 17 years 8 in combat just a highly disgruntled Vet . Coffee Now  anytime , Just got a bag of Mesquite roasted coffee I have not tried yet so off to make some .

I believe there are a few of us who avoid certain discussions because we know it would lead to arguments and hard feelings. Often times I won't comment because of not wanting to get into those situations if my opinion were known. As a vet that works with vets, I don't know any gruntled ones...

13 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I meant it as a joke, but if you want to make it personal with innuendo type insults that could be fun too. 

Besides, you started it with that smart-arsed meme photo. 

‘Besides you started it,’ completely discounts, ‘I meant it as a joke.’

Wasn’t making anything personal, nor was there any insult— innuendo or anywhere else. 

You seem grumpy this morning, so okay — you win. You’re right.

Whatever 

Hope the rest of your day gets better. 

14 minutes ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

‘Besides you started it,’ completely discounts, ‘I meant it as a joke.’

Wasn’t making anything personal, nor was there any insult— innuendo or anywhere else. 

You seem grumpy this morning, so okay — you win. You’re right.

Whatever 

Hope the rest of your day gets better. 

I also meant it as I a joke. 

I apologize. We have enough stress without creating our own. 

I am sorry and please accept my apology. 

Kind regards

Pat Riot 

I'll have a double sarsparilla, light on the ice.  

I have to deal with politics and all that goes with it every day in my 9 - 5 job.  I too come here to escape.  

Thanks for the thread, Pat.

25 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Does this mean you won't be going to your own meme thread any more? That's pretty political, Bottles, double whiskey, neat. 

Unfortunately a few people just can't seem to avoid posting political memes. Personally I wish they would quit posting if all they can share are political memes.

51 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Does this mean you won't be going to your own meme thread any more? That's pretty political, Bottles, double whiskey, neat. 

If you haven’t noticed, I have not been posting on that thread. ;)

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

It's -6 at my cabin. That means my furnace would get it to, maybe 40 inside by bedtime. I think I'll take a small heater up.

Minus 21 and sunny here right now.

Warmed up a bit since this morning.

Coyotes gave me a sing-a-long last night.

IMG_2410.JPG

2 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

It would be helpful if people used descriptive titles so we know what the thread is without opening it.

Just now, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Minus 21 and sunny here right now.

Warmed up a bit since this morning.

Coyotes gave me a sing-a-long last night.

IMG_2410.JPG

Minus 21. I remember the winter I spent at Great Lakes Naval base near Chicago. The base was right on the shore of Lake Michigan. I recall it being like -10 then dropping to -20 at night with a nice breeze that put it at around -40. That was really cold. Matching to chow in the morning was more like a brisk walk and no formation. :lol:

It was that cold for just a couple of days then the temps went up to a more reasonable level in the +teens. 

57 minutes ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

If I happen to miss zapping a political post (5 seconds per miss), please report it.  The SASS Wire (esp. the Saloon (acs)) is a no-politics zone.

Personally, I think you are doing a great job of moderating. The Saloon is one of the more pleasant places to be within cyber land.

Keep up the good work.

Archived