SASS Wire Forum

Slicking up a Stoeger coach gun

Sgt. Hochbauer, SASS #64409

I just got a Stoger coach gun. It's pretty much more than a bit difficult to open. I tore it down and polished and smoothed out some rough spots took a coil off of the lever release spring. But did not want to play with the cocking/hammer springs.  What is my next step or where would I order new springs from? 

Thanks in advance

Hochbauer

Long Hunter sells a replacement lever spring I believe, at least that’s where I got mine a few years ago. Might as well get the hardened firing pins while you’re at it.

Mr. Pettifogger did a great 2 month Chronicle article that was excellent. I think it may be around the October issue 2008, but not sure. Hopefully Larsen will check in. I'll try to find the copy I have and post the dates.

Found them: November & December 2009, titled "Reversing triggers", but Larsen covers everything you need to do. I did all he suggested and my Stoeger has been flawless for 10 years "knock on wood"!

Make sure you take the butt stock off of your stoeger coach gun, and sand the area where it meets the reciever.

They infamously crack in that area due to slamming it closed during reloads in a match.

I sanded mine down in those areas after it cracked, and glued it back together. Should hold up for a while, but I went ahead and bought a spare butt stock from Stoeger for future replacement.

Those butt stocks are always sold out, so ya gotta be on your toes when they hit their website for sale! 

Archived