SASS Wire Forum

Alec Baldwin finally surrenders mobile to police in Rust probe

Buckshot Bear

Alec Baldwin finally surrenders mobile to police in Rust probe

Nearly a month after authorities secured a warrant for the piece of evidence, actor Alec Baldwin has complied with the request.

How did this take a month?

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/alec-baldwin-finally-surrenders-mobile-to-police-in-rust-probe/news-story/f8d352c1ae5d70c9ebd1a13f4d3552bc

I'd like to see one of us flout a warrant or a court order to see how long it would take before we were in the Grey Bar Hotel!

8 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I'd like to see one of us flout a warrant or a court order to see how long it would take before we were in the Grey Bar Hotel!

We currently have a Serbian tennis player that was able to get a full three judge federal court hearing on a Sunday morning within 12 hours of asking for it......us peons would be lucky if we got one within 3-5 years if ever !!!!

35 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

We currently have a Serbian tennis player that was able to get a full three judge federal court hearing on a Sunday morning within 12 hours of asking for it......us peons would be lucky if we got one within 3-5 years if ever !!!!

See, that could never happen here because we have a declaration that all men are created equal and………

oh……yeah….. never mind. :unsure:

He could use the same stupid story he used on the shooting.

....my phone sent those texts but I never touched the keypad!!!

9 hours ago, Cliff Hanger #3720LR said:

A month.

Ah, time to scrub the phone of all data and memory.

I would think the primary interest would be the texts and/or emails. I don't believe he can get rid of those so easily.

The month's delay likely was to give his lawyers time to chase stuff down and get ahead of it before being called to account for it.

Of course, he might also have been seeking professional advice regarding cell phones as evidence .  . . 

Hillary Clinton emails - what's it all about? - BBC News

"The first thing you know...

The boozer's in prison an' the criminal he isn't.

And only the rascals have dough!

When I see a parson, I wanna put my arse on

The wagon that follows the tail of the crow! 

The first thing you know...."  - Ben Rumson in Paint Your Wagon:angry:

Depends on whose foot the shoe is on. If I had a smart phone with a lot of personal and business information on it, I'd seek either agreement or court order concerning how it was going to be handled before I'd willingly turn it over to investigators.

I've sought and gotten protective orders on several occasions in civil cases when I was in practice in response to subpoenas of computers, for instance.

But, of course, if you are quite confident that the investigators won't seek to review information on your device beyond the scope of the investigation-- then go for it and hand it over.

Archived