SASS Wire Forum

Location of SASS new headquarters?

Matthew Duncan

2 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

And... 200 miles from Holland (Indiana)! (My place of origin).:D

24 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

Nice! I grew up near Frankenmuth. I love the towns on Lake Michigan's shoreline. In the summer

Holland Indiana, way to the southwest. It is only 121 miles from Holland Michigan.

4 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

Nice! I grew up near Frankenmuth. I love the towns on Lake Michigan's shoreline. In the summer

Grew up in a little town by Grand Haven myself. 

It's a lot closer to me here in Ohio but it doesn't matter because I'll never go there anyway!:lol:

Used to be the west:

image.png.31d103af286e219ea3659bfde6665c0c.png

BTW - The first train robbery was in Indiana:

On October 6, 1866, the brothers John and Simeon Reno stage the first train robbery in American history, making off with $13,000 from an Ohio and Mississippi railroad train in Jackson County, Indiana.

Of course, trains had been robbed before the Reno brothers’ holdup. But these previous crimes had all been burglaries of stationary trains sitting in depots or freight yards. The Reno brothers’ contribution to criminal history was to stop a moving train in a sparsely populated region where they could carry out their crime without risking interference from the law or curious bystanders.

Though created in Indiana, the Reno brother’s new method of robbing trains quickly became very popular in the West. Many bandits, who might otherwise have been robbing banks or stagecoaches, discovered that the newly constructed transcontinental and regional railroads in the West made attractive targets. With the western economy booming, trains often carried large amounts of cash and precious minerals. The wide-open spaces of the West also provided train robbers with plenty of isolated areas ideal for stopping trains, as well as plenty of wild spaces where they could hide from the law. Some criminal gangs, like Butch Cassidy’s Wild Bunch, found that robbing trains was so easy and lucrative that for a time they made it their criminal specialty.

James gang had a little trouble in Minnesota, but really history has nothing to do with where SASS decides to locate. There are clubs all across the US . I think I read somewhere there’s more CAS shooters in FL than any other state so the SE part of the country would make sense also 

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

James gang had a little trouble in Minnesota, but really history has nothing to do with where SASS decides to locate. There are clubs all across the US . I think I read somewhere there’s more CAS shooters in FL than any other state so the SE part of the country would make sense also 

That may or may not be correct, I don't know, but I am 100% certain that the property costs is Indiana were significantly less than what they would have been in Florida.

I think the new location, in an old historic building, is awesome and I look forward to a visit when we travel there for the Make Black Powder Great again match in August!

9 hours ago, IRONWOOD, SASS#23676 said:

Indiana, great for corn and farming, not much a cowboy state.

There are many friendly Western states SASS could have moved to. Texas, Arizona! Wyoming, Utah, Idaho even. 

To this Westerner, SASS just went "back East".

Maybe there are some plans for something else move to Indiana too.

Archived