SASS Wire Forum

Toyota president on electric cars

Trigger Mike

3 hours ago, Still hand Bill said:

Exactly.  Any car built within the last 30 years is computer controlled and would not run.  You would have to go back to 50+ year old cars with carburetors and points to find one that could survive an emp/solar flare.     

Cuba would be in the export business again with cigars and cars. Blackwater will be able to name his price on repairs.;)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For efficiency a diesel electric hybrid is probably the most efficient way to go.

Small diesel motor genset head and battery bank.  

A hydrogen fuel cell system or even ICEs powered by hydrogen would be nominal. You burn hydrogen and it produces oxygen and water. Breeder reactors produce hydrogen!

Figure it out!!

19 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

I guess real world differs from the Farce Book world.

You're lucky you didn't get zuckerbuggered ...... :blink:

19 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

I guess real world differs from the Farce Book world.

You're lucky you didn't get zuckerbuggered ...... :blink:

hey if we want cartoons to follow  facts oh well but yes the cartoon should have black smoke 

a coal fire plant has  no cooling towers  only nuke plants have them 

On 1/22/2022 at 4:57 PM, Texas Joker said:

For efficiency a diesel electric hybrid is probably the most efficient way to go.

Small diesel motor genset head and battery bank.  

One idea I had, which I admit would be really tough, was having a gas/electric hybrid, but no EV battery.

Basically, if there was a safe way to connect to the grid in urban areas, and drive with an electric motor, then have it automatically switch to gas/diesel engine when it leaves the area. 

You get the cleaner emissions in urban areas. You are not hauling the weight of batteries. You don't have recycling issues of batteries. You don't have battery degradation issues. You still get the range of an ICE car. 

If only we could safely and reliably connect to a grid in urban areas. Or alternatively have really really good public transportation in urban and suburban areas...

Archived