SASS Wire Forum

Pigeon Eating Python

Buckshot Bear

1 minute ago, Slapshot said:

Would have relocated it to the BBQ grill. As I don't think relocating is going to help since the python now knows where good easy meals await him.

He's relocated a few over the years and some have come back.

IMG_20220115_122655.thumb.jpg.4053edc5c537d354811e143f1cd46563.jpg

Are pythons native to Australia or protected by law?

Pythons and to a lesser extent, Boas, have become a real problem as an invasive species in South Florida and especially the Everglades. RIght now, they have a bounty on them. If I remember hearing right, there's no season and no special stamp required for them either. 

If that one had ate my pet or sporting bird, he'd be a headless, dead snake that would soon be featured on my hat or boots.:ph34r:

19 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Are pythons native to Australia or protected by law?

Pythons and to a lesser extent, Boas, have become a real problem as an invasive species in South Florida and especially the Everglades. RIght now, they have a bounty on them. If I remember hearing right, there's no season and no special stamp required for them either. 

If that one had ate my pet or sporting bird, he'd be a headless, dead snake that would soon be featured on my hat or boots.:ph34r:

Yes, native to Australia and protected (all snakes are protected here even the real dangerous ones). 

This thread title and Sedalia Dave's comment reminded me...

When I was a child, the folks took me to the zoo. 

Philippine Eagle | The Monkey-eating Eagle

I was confused by the Monkey-Eating Eagle. 

32 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

If your son has "racing pigeons", the snake just did him a favor and got rid of 'Slow Joe'..... or would that be 'Slow Brandon'?

:lol:

..........Widder

It was the oldest one in his loft. 

18 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Yes, native to Australia and protected (all snakes are protected here even the real dangerous ones). 

Your politicians are “dangerous”?

:P

Archived