SASS Wire Forum

Justified sequel

Tex Jones, SASS 2263

He should see plenty of action in Chicago DETROIT!

https://www.polygon.com/22883788/justified-sequel-series-timothy-olyphant

I really like Timothy Oliphant and Justified was great.  I just wonder what the story line can be in Chicago?  I mean he busts a smash and grab gang and they are out immdediately because there is no bail and prosecution for burglary.  The next day he busts them for stealing $950.00 each from a Walmart and they get out because that is below the robbery threshold.  Sounds like it will get dull fast.  Unless of course the series is a fantasy and shows criminals going to jail.

In the original post, Tex says Detroit. In the next post Bob says Chicago, but he puts in a link, and the link says Detroit.

Now Larson is talking about Chicago.

Where are y'all coming up with Chicago from? The link says it's Detroit. I know they are both Yankee cities full of gangsters killing everybody they can see, but still, they are not the same town.

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

In the original post, Tex says Detroit. In the next post Bob says Chicago, but he puts in a link, and the link says Detroit.

Now Larson is talking about Chicago.

Where are y'all coming up with Chicago from? The link says it's Detroit. I know they are both Yankee cities full of gangsters killing everybody they can see, but still, they are not the same town.

Larson was merely speculating on the plot line based on the hideous mistake I made in saying Chicago instead of Detroit.

Of course they are so different I don’t know how I could have done that.

Mea Culpa. :rolleyes:

The story lines I'm sure will not follow what's really happening in either of those cities. They'll be no black gangs killing each other and innocent children for sure! It'll be all white thugs. 

I don't mean this to be racist but it's reality!

17 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I really like Timothy Oliphant and Justified was great.  I just wonder what the story line can be in Chicago?  I mean he busts a smash and grab gang and they are out immdediately because there is no bail and prosecution for burglary.  The next day he busts them for stealing $950.00 each from a Walmart and they get out because that is below the robbery threshold.  Sounds like it will get dull fast.  Unless of course the series is a fantasy and shows criminals going to jail.

Now that right there is just plain funny. No matter which side of the aisle you're sitting on.

This is outstanding news!!

ANTICIPATION!!!!

2 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

According to a new announcement by Yahoo, the original cast is returning.   It doesn't specify exactly who.

None of the dead ones I imagine.

One of his best lines was , “ You draw that gun it’ll be the last thing you do”

It was just a; awesome series. And how about that Ganstagrass theme song? :)

Along with Hell on Wheels it was my favorite.

And ya can’t forget scene 1 Episode 1! 

On 1/15/2022 at 6:43 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The story lines I'm sure will not follow what's really happening in either of those cities. They'll be no black gangs killing each other and innocent children for sure! It'll be all white thugs. 

I don't mean this to be racist but it's reality!

It’s a tv show, not a documentary. John Wayne’s we’re not accurate either. :lol:

20 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

In the process of watching the series now. They showed a country store with a sign, "guns, ammunition, primers and gunpowder". 

In central Florida I drove by a store that had guns, fishing tackle, bait, hunting licenses and beer. 
next door was a funeral parlor. Same owner.

Country Living.

Did any of y'all rearrange your hat band?

In that link to Raylon's gunfights, in the first one I noticed that his hat band - which is basically a small belt with a buckle - was buckled on the right side of the crown. This drew my attention because my hat band also buckles, and I have the buckle on the left side. Just a minor "he does that backwards from me" thing.

But then I noticed that in all of the rest of the clips, where you can see the hat band, the buckle is on the left side.

Yes, I see weird stuff, that I suppose most of the world ignores.

Big fan of Justified. Although a lot of the time it seemed like a Deadwood reunion with the same people coming in throughout the series. Not complaining, Deadwood was a great show too. Looking forward to this one!

JR

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

Did any of y'all rearrange your hat band?

In that link to Raylon's gunfights, in the first one I noticed that his hat band - which is basically a small belt with a buckle - was buckled on the right side of the crown. This drew my attention because my hat band also buckles, and I have the buckle on the left side. Just a minor "he does that backwards from me" thing.

But then I noticed that in all of the rest of the clips, where you can see the hat band, the buckle is on the left side.

Yes, I see weird stuff, that I suppose most of the world ignores.

Not the symmetry of Rayland had with a tired down brim, front and back. I think he just had it on backwards in that scene. 
Or the band wasn’t attached well and fell off when he put it down and he or the prop man put it back wrong.

I’ll text him. ;)

8E64AA02-6DF0-4473-9AAE-633771917F80.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Or the band wasn’t attached well and fell off when he put it down and he or the prop man put it back wrong.

Mine has occasionally fallen off, when I set it on the crown. But I always make sure I put it back on correctly.

13 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Mine has occasionally fallen off, when I set it on the crown. But I always make sure I put it back on correctly.

Because you know Cowboy hats.

Archived